Chapter 51

She's My Manager.

 

Baekhyun’s house wasn’t as big as Kai’s but it was cozy. Aleyah loves the feeling the moment she steps into his house due to the warm colours and furnitures. His room consisted of only white, grey and black. It was simple and sophiscated. Although it had been a long time since he last came back, the room was still spick and span. Looks like his mother had been cleaning his room, waiting for him to come back.

 

“Oppa, are you sure you didn’t go for any plastic surgery?” Aleyah asked him after she saw a photo of him when he was in elementary 6. He was short and plump, like a tiny ball.

 

“Are you trying to praise me that I’m good looking now?” Baekhyun asked her back, a smile hung on his face ever since she agreed to spend her off day with him.

 

“I don’t deny that.” Her words were the truth but to the boy, it meant more than that. “How did you manage to lose so much weight?”

 

“I just grew and my fats were gone. Thank god I grew skinnier or else SM won’t ever recruit me.” And I won’t be able to meet you.

 

“That’s very true.” The girl agreed before their conversation was interrupted by a knock on his room door.

 

“Come in.”

 

“Baekhyun-ah. Do you want to eat anything? I will go buy it for you.” Baekhyun’s brother came into the room.

 

“Oh, hello.”

 

“Oh, you have a guest? Your girlfriend?” The brother’s eyes lit up immediately.

 

“Hyung, do we look good together?” The boy stepped towards the girl and put his arms around her shoulders.

 

“Yeah, you 2 look sweet together.”

 

“Really?” He beamed at her before looking at his brother happily.

 

“You know I don’t lie.”

 

“That’s true.”

 

“Hello, I forgot to introduce myself. I’m Baekhyun’s hyung, you can call me Baekbeom Oppa.” The older one with similar features stuck out his hand.

 

“Hello, Baekbeom Oppa, I’m Aleyah Lee.” The girl bowed.

 

“You are very well-mannered. Look like my brother got himself a good catch huh?”

 

“Erm, we are not… together. I’m his manager.” The girl clarified.

 

“Really?” The older one looked at him for confirmation and he nodded, sadly.

“But people always mistaken us as a couple whenever we go out. There was once the ahjummas in the supermart thought we were married.” Baekhyun boasted. Those were the only times he felt as though they were really a couple.

 

“What a pity. I thought my younger brother was lucky enough to get a girl like you.” The older brother showed obvious signs that he had a good impression of Aleyah.

 

The girl just looked at him awkwardly, didn’t know how to reply as she scratched her head shyly.

 

“Okay hyung you are disturbing my guest. Bye.” He pushed him out of the room before closing the door behind him.

 

“Sorry, my hyung is very concern about me.”

 

“Nah it’s fine, it’s nice to see brothers showing affection to one another instead of biting one another’s head off. It’s cute.”

 

“Really? You think it’s cute?”
 

“Yupp!”

 

“Hahah, come let me show you something cool.” Baekhyun pulled her out of the room and into the small porch beside their house. It has a 2 seater swing and he tugged her into the seat opposite him.

 

“I used to come here every evening before I shift into the dorm.” The boy relaxed himself as she watch the girl before him. She only applied a thin layer of BB cream but she was still stunning. At least to him she was.

 

“For?”

 

“Watch the sunset.” He pointed to the sun setting behind her. The moment the lady turned around, she was greeted by the golden sun rays glistening through the white clouds.

 

“Come here.” Baekhyun patted to the small space beside him. “You don’t want to get a sore neck tomorrow do you?”

 

Aleyah squeezed into the small space beside him and watched the sun slowly disappear with slightly ajar. Whereas, Baekhyun just seized the chance to watch her because he has watched the sunset too many times already.

 

“Pretty much.” He mumbled as he examined her features closely. Her eyelashes were really long and she has a pair of beautiful eyes that showed all the emotions.

 

“Yeah. It’s really pretty.” She replied him without knowing that the boy was actually referring to her and not the sunset.

 

******

 

Kai looked at the clock, it was already 8.45pm and yet the one that he has been waiting for all day was nowhere in sight. He had been waiting ever since she left him that text and when dinner time came, he couldn't help but to be excited. He kept pacing around the door that his sisters nearly tied him to the couch because he was too distracting. However, it slowly pass dinner time and she still did not turn up.

 

Your call is directed to the voicemail. Please leave a message after the beep tone. It was the 15th time Kai had called her for the past 2 hours but there was no answer. He was being transferred to the voicemail each time.

 

“JongIn-ah..” Just as he was about to key in the chain of familiar numbers, he heard his mother calling him.

 

“Yes mum?”

 

“Is Aleyah coming already?” The mum opened his door gently and asked. He looked at his mum guiltily, dinner was supposed start two hour ago but he insisted to wait for her so the family haven’t had their dinner yet. 

 

“I don’t know. She’s not picking up her phone.” The boy admitted to his mum with worry filling his voice. He can't help it but everytime when she's out of touch, he starts to worry. But today, the worry he has was a little disturbing and strong.

 

“Maybe she’s busy?” Mrs Kim sensed his worried and patted his back to comfort him.

 

Busy? What would she be busy with? Then it suddenly dawned on Kai that she was at Baekhyun’s house before this. The only thing she could have been busy with was hanging out with Baekhyun, having so much fun that she forgot about the dinner and forgot to answer her phone. He suddenly felt stupid for having to be so worried about her when she was out there having fun with someone else. He rolled his eyes before throwing his phone on his bed, unwilling to call her again.

 

“Mum, let’s not wait for her.” He pushed his mother out of his room.

 

“Huh why? She’s the guest! Of course we must wait for her. JongIn, where are your manners?” She reprimanded her son thinking that he was just being rude.

 

“I think she’s so busy that she must have forgotten about the dinner. “ He emphasized on the two words, causing his mum to look at him weirdly.

 

“Mum, let’s just have the dinner on our own. Kim’s family reunion dinner alright?” He comforted his mum as he took a last glance at his phone on his bed. His screen was still black. With that, he closed the door behind him as he tried to put away the scenes he created in his head. Scenes of Baekhyun and Aleyah in his room, having fun.

******

Aleyah hopped out from the taxi as she adjusted her shirt outside Kim's apartment. She even pulled out her mirror to check her hair and applied a thin layer of lip gloss on her lips. After she felt that she was ready, she raised her hand to press the doorbell. However, the last thing she remembered was a sharp pain at the back of her head before darkness engulfed her. 

 

A surprise update!

I felt bad for the chapter yesterday so I decided to make up to you guys by posting one chapter today.

Who's ready for some drama?

Thanks for the subscription people! This ff has successfully hit 211 subs! Highest among all my FF!

Anw i nearly won the bid to advertise tomorrow but yeah i lost again.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, praying that I can win the bid to advertise on Monday. Please wish me luck!

Please do not forget to leave comments~ Enjoy!