Chapter 47

She's My Manager.

 

It’s 6.45am in the morning and Aleyah eyes were half open as Chanyeol wrote some foreign logo on the whiteboard.

 

“So B flat looks like this. And the G key is here.” He pushed up his black-rimmed frameless specs and turned around to look at the girl who had her head on the table. Her eyes were close and her breathing was constant. She fell asleep in his class.

 

Walking towards her, the giant baby put his face right in front of her. An evil plan formed in his head. “YAH! WAKE UP!” He shrieked, causing Aleyah to jump out of her seat, sleepiness disappeared almost instantly.

 

“What the hell Chanyeol!” She cursed at him as she rubbed her eyes groggily. The dance practice she had with Kai ended at 3am the previous night and she was waked up at 5am by him because it was time for guitar lesson. Evil laughter could be heard in the music room.

 

“Pay attention would you?” He pinched her nose hardly causing her to whack his hand away.

 

“Yeol, what’s the point of learning guitar seriously. Just play the minus one track on that day!”

 

“What? Are you trying to belittle guitar now? Do you know how awesome guitar is? They can play so many songs and they can….” Chanyeol was angry that the girl just spokeso lowly of his favourite instrument.

 

“Okay okay. I will learn now. Stop talking and start teaching please.” Aleyah cut him off. Knowing that he will go on and on about guitar and its achievements. The lesson would turn into history lesson instead.

 

For the next 2 hours, Aleyah learnt how to play guitar from Chanyeol seriously. She sat in front of the boy as he backhug her whenever she was trying to press the guitar strings down to strum a right note. Although her finger hurts from it, she just kept on going because Chanyeol was teaching her seriously. It was a rare sight that this boy was serious so Aleyah didn’t want to spoil the atmoshphere.

 

“You see, when you switch key, just shift your middle finger from here to there.” He shifted her fingers as the stinging feeling hurt her fingers. She knew it was nothing serious because when she also experienced similar pain when she started to learn to play guitar during her trainee years.

 

“Mmmmm.” Aleyah bit her lower lips as she continued to learn with her stinging fingers. Looking at her watch, she knows that Chanyeol will end his session soon. He had to go for his dance training and she decided that she would go hunt for bandaids after he’s gone. She knew he would throw a big fuss if he knew that her finger hurts.

 

“Ermm, Yeol. You need to go for your dance practise now.” She hinted him when the stinging feeling got worst.

 

“Oh yeah. I forgot about it! .” He pushed himself away from her and she felt cold wind blowing onto her back. Chanyeol was no longer behind her to keep her warm.

 

“It’s okay, I will pack. You go.”

 

“Alright I will go first. Seeyah later!” The boy slung his guitar bag over his shoulder and ran out of the room.

 

The moment the door was shut, Aleyah fell back to her seat, blowing her stinging fingers rapidly. The pain was like your skin was peeling and it was uncomfortable because its at the tip of your fingers.

 

“Oh! Aleyah!” The door was flung upon. Chanyeol’s head popped in between the door.

 

“What?” She hid her hands behind her back immediately, like a little girl caught stealing sweets.

 

“What’s wrong with your hands?” The giant baby zoomed towards her and pulled her hands out. He saw how swollen her fingertips were and he frowned immediately. Mentally blaming himself that he had forgotten that you were still a newbie to guitar playing and her fingers were not used to the strings yet he still made her practise for so long. “I’m sorry.”

 

Aleyah looked up at the giant baby, he had a frown plastered on his cute face. His puppy eyes were now droopy and he looked upset. “Don’t be silly. It’s not your fault.”

 

“Somewhat it’s my fault. Hmmm, I will find you some bandaid! Wait for me here alright?” With that, Chanyeol ran out of the music room. Leaving Aleyah standing there, smiling at his sweetness.

 

******

 

“Okay, the second line last word, you need to drag a little longer. Probably change the note too.” Chen’s voice could be heard from Aleyah’s headphone as she penned down what he just said to her.

 

“Drink some water, Aleyah.” Baekhyun reminded her.

 

“Yes, and the first word. Your pronounciation is a little of. Try to make it clearer.” Kyungsoo added.

 

 

“Neh Oppa.” She replied them through the microphone before showing them a thumbs up sign from where she was. The three boys smiled from behind before showing her the same signs. Time check, it was 11.45pm and right now it’s vocal class with the main vocalists. So she was in the recording studio with them, they were sitting at the producer’s seats while she was stuck inside the recording room.

 

“Let’s try again.”

 

Aleyah picked a song that she used to sing when she was a trainee. Little Things by One Direction. It was a song she used to practice because the song was meaningful and she loved it.

 

“Her vocal is good. But she’s lacking of feelings.” Kyungsoo told the other two. Of course, she couldn’t hear what they were saying.

 

“Yeah. I can’t feel the things she miss about the guy.” Chen admitted.

 

“She has to imagine it. Baek, tell her.”

 

“Aleyah?” Baekhyun pressed the intercom button and she looked up at the glass window.

 

“You have the skills and you got all the parts right. But you are lacking of feelings. We don’t feel the things you love about that person. Try to imagine the person you like right now having those traits in the lyrics alright?” Baekhyun looked at her as he talked. Somewhat he was hoping that she would think of him when she sing that part.

 

“Okay, I will try.” Aleyah closed her eyes and tried to picture the person she likes right now having such traits.

 

Just then, her phone vibrated in her pocket. She pulled out her phone and a smile spread across her face when she saw the name of the sender.

 

[From: Kai]

 

What are you doing now kitty cat? I’m at the balcony alone. ):

 

The girl smiled and typed a reply quickly.

 

[To: Kai]

 

Still practicing. Won’t be back so soon. Don’t catch a cold out there. Remember to wear a jacket alright? (:

 

She kept her phone inside her pocket and pressed on a button. “Hi guys, I think I’m ready.”

 

The minus one track played in her headphones as she closed her eyes and sang. Throughout the song, she did not even have to recall what the lyrics were. She had other scenes playing in her head. Just like what Baekhyun had said, she was picturing the guy she likes right now having those traits in the lyrics. And sadly, the guy wasn’t him.

 

Then the door behind the three boys was pushed open slowly. The moment Luhan, Sehun and Kai entered the recording studio, they were enchanted by what they heard. Her singing had captivated the 5 boys in the small studio. All of them could feel the intention she was trying to relay using the lyrics. They could feel her love for a particular person and the things she likes about him.

 

Aleyah sang with pictures of Kai and her in her head. The times they spent at the balcony to the recent times they hanged out at the dance studio, each and one of them were so fun and enjoyable. She can clearly hear her heart beating as she recalled those times she had with him. She missed how his thumb grazed her arms and the feeling of his thick lips on his forehead. As the song ended, she slowly opened her eyes. The boy she likes was standing behind the glass window, beaming at her.

 

She looked at him, shocked. For a moment, she thought her eyes were playing tricks on her till she saw him sticking out his thumb at her.

 

Kai’s eyes didn’t leave her ever since he set foot in this studio. Even if the other 4 were making a nuisance out of themselves, he just stood there staring at her. Or rather, the two of them just stood there staring at one another.

 

[To:Kai]

 

You liar!

 

He broke the gaze when he felt his phone vibrated. A smile crept up to his face when he received a message from her.

 

[To Aleyah]

 

I didn’t. I was at the company’s balcony when I texted you. :P

 

The girl rolled her eyes at his message before looking up. She saw how he shrugged and smirked at her. Aleyah knew that he was lying so she just locked her phone before sticking her tongue out at him.

 

Ever since the kiss incident, their relationship did not turn awkward. Instead, it became better. The two of them pretended that that incident didn’t happen as they continued to act as normal as possible. But the unintentional physical contact between them increased. Kai would sometime brush his hand against hers when he walked past her or his arms would be sticking onto hers when they are beside one another. Aleyah wouldn’t pull away because she liked the feeling of it. Sometimes it was thrilling because the chemistry between them was boiling rapidly and yet the other members were clueless about it.

 

“Hyung. I bought chicken for you guys to enjoy so just shut up and eat.” Sehun told the others off. Kyungsoo, Baekhyun and Chen were demanding what were they doing here and it was annoying because he was forced to come here by Kai.

 

According to him, in order to make the visit less obvious – because he wants to see Aleyah- Sehun would be the one buying the chicken when it was Kai who foot the bill. And he would distract the others to eat the chicken and demand Kai to buy drinks which they purposely did not buy. Then Sehun would instruct Kai to buy drinks with Aleyah. Tada, Kai would be able to spend time with her then.

 

“Why does Luhan hyung has bubbletea and I don’t?” Chen grumbled.

 

“You have chicken.” Sehun shoved a chicken into his hyung’s mouth.

“But you should at least buy some drinks. It’s so dry without drinks.” Kyungsoo commented.

 

“Fussy much. Do you guys need dessert to go along then?”

 

“Idea much. Mango pudding please. Thanks Sehun.” Baekhyun replied to Sehun’s supposedly sacarsm.

 

“Wth. Kai hyung, I bought the chickens. Aleyah and you should go and get drinks. It’s time you contribute something.” The maknae winked at him, telling him to seize the chance.

 

[From: Kai]

 

I will wait for you outside.

 

Aleyah looked up from her phone once again to see the boy pointing towards the exit door. Immediately she put down her earphones and skipped out happily without even looking at the other members. Because she knew he was waiting for her outside and it excites her. Little did she know that there was another pair of eyes looking at her skipping out of the recording studio with light steps.

 

 

Firstly! this chapter is unedited. I know it had been quite some time since i update so  i felt that i need to update today.

So pardon me for this chapter! I'm really tired from my part-time job. /:

I just had to add in a little of Yeollie's fluff because this boy is messing up my bias list quite a lot recently. Especially with his black rimmed specs.

Just saw pics of SeKai shopping in LA's topman. And i'm just wondering what did they buy. Hmmmm.

Okay, i'm gonna sleep. Enjoy!