Chapter 34

She's My Manager.

 

Author’s POV

 

“I’m home!” Kai unlocked the front door and shouted. Aleyah stood still behind him with a shocked face. She was still trying to comprehend what’s the situation right now. The girl remembered Kai telling her that he wanted to bring her somewhere but the location was kept secret till probably a second ago. Right before Kai announced his grand arrival.

 

“JongIn-ah! You are home?” A motherly voice could be heard from afar.

 

“Neh Omonim. I miss you.” Kai hugged his mother tightly, towering her with his height. Looking at his backview, Aleyah knew that Kai was smiling. She could hear it from his voice. A smile crept up her face when this heartwarming scene came into her view, she has never seen Kai behave like this before. Like a small boy.

 

“I brought a guest today.” He let go of his mother and stepped aside. Mrs Kim soft gaze shifted from his son to the young girl at the door, she smiled even wider.

 

“Oh? Hello, are you JongIn’s friend?” The lady in her early 50s walked over and held the young lady’s hand in hers. She was happy to see her son come home after such a long time. This time he looked so much better than before. The previous time he came back, he looked terrible.

 

She remembered vividly that the doorbell rang when the family was having dinner that night. Opening the door, she was greeted by his son who was drenched from head to toe from the rain outside. The boy who didn’t shed a single tear since he was 8 was bawling when he saw her. Hugging her as he cried like a small boy. She was beyond shocked to see him in this state. Then she found out that it was because of the fan stabbing his manager and he was outcasted by the members because he used to hate the manager. They assumed that he had something to do with it.

 

“Neh.. I’m Aleyah. Nice to meet you Mrs Kim” Aleyah smiled and shook the lady’s hand. “Come on in.”

 

Aleyah turned and glared at Kai as she questioned him with her eyes. She couldn’t speak freely since Mrs Kim was still holding her hands beside her. What is happening???

 

Kai laughed as he shrugged and followed them behind.

 

“Yobo! We have a guest today! Kim JungHee, Kim JungAh! Your brother is back!” The mother walked to the staircase leading the 2nd floor of the apartment and shouted.

 

“Is it Suho?” A fatherly figure walked down from the staircase. Hoping to the boy who guides his son.

 

“Ani. It’s a girl.” Mrs Kim’s tone of voice was different at the last word.

 

“Girl?” Mr Kim raised his tone in surprise too.

 

“Aboji. How have you been?” Kai walked up the staircase and hugged his father. His father patted his back. “I’m good. Did you grow taller again?”

 

“Kim JongIn!” A tall, dark haired girl walked down the steps elegantly. “Woah, did SM send you for plastic surgery recently? Since when did you become so good looking?”

 

“Noona…” Kai smiled in defeat at his eldest sister. She was never kind with her words but in between those hurtful words of hers, it lays the most beautiful bond this pair of sibling shared.

 

“Oh? Kai Oppa!” Another girl slightly shorter with a bobbed hairstyle came running the stairs and jumped into his embrace. “I miss you, silly boy!”

 

“Hahaha. I miss you too…” Kai hugged the shorter one as he buried his head into her shoulders.

 

Aleyah looked at this family drama with surprise and shock. The Kai she knew wasn’t like this. Although he was older than the Maknae by 4 months, he acted so maturely that people often mistook him as one of the oldest instead. He never acted childish in front of others, he made sure his image was maintained. Today, she saw a totally different person. He wasn’t Kai, he was Kim JongIn.

 

 

“Who do we have today?” Mr Kim asked his wife as he walked down the stairs to greet the guest his son brought.

 

“Hello. I’m Aleyah Lee.” Kai looked at her with amusement in his eyes. The almighty manager was feeling nervous over meeting his parents.

 

“Aboji, she’s my manager.”

 

“Your manager?! The one who got stabbed by the crazy fan?!” The short-haired girl struggled out of Kai’s embrace and turned to look at Aleyah.

 

“Omo! So it’s you who saved JongIn…” The gripped on Aleyah’s hands was tighter than before.

 

“Omo… It’s must be hard on you. As JongIn’s father, I really thank you for protecting my son. But, you are a girl….  Your parents must be really worried. Please help me apologise to them on my behalf.” Mr Kim bowed to Aleyah causing her to bow back. Kai instinctively looked at Aleyah when his dad mentioned about her parents. He was afraid she would feel hurt but her expression was surprisingly calm.

 

“Don’t worry Mr Kim. I’m very healthy. It’s nothing at all.. Any human being would do that.” She answered with smiles on her face.

 

“I won’t be surprised if this ends up to be an arranged marriage.” The elder one hissed at her younger brother’s ear causing him to shake his head in defeat once again.

 

“I will whip up a few more dishes! You need to trengthen your body.. Yobo, help me.” Mr and Mrs Kim disappeared into the kitchen, leaving the teenagers alone.

 

“Aleyah, they are my sisters. Kim Jung Hee my eldest noona.” Kai pointed to the taller lady. Kai and her shared the same pair of dark eyes, inherited from their mother.

 

“Kim Jung Ah, my second noona.” He pointed to the bobbed haired girl. They shared the same smile. Those smile lines and lips are evidence of their sibling relationship, a gift from their charismatic father.

 

“Noona? I thought she called you Oppa?” Aleyah’s question caused the 3 siblings to laugh immediately.

 

“My this noona behaves like the maknae in the family. Sometimes I feel like I’m older than her… “ Kai explained as he messed up the girl’s hair.

 

“And also because Kai has a greater accomplishment in career than her so she calls him Oppa out of annoyance.” The elder one explained as she eyed the skinny girl her brother brought home. She couldn’t imagine the pain she experienced when those knife went right into her, she saw the video before it was being removed by SM.

 

“You, go and bathe. You stink. We have girls talk to do.” Jung-Ah pushed his brother away before she put her arms on the girl’s shoulder. She could sense something is going on in between them and she was determined to get any first hand juicy gossip of her brother.

 

“Bo yah.. I’m your brother.” Kai whined causing Aleyah to chuckle.

 

“Yah, what are you laughing at?” Kai glared at Aleyah playfully.

 

“Hahah, it’s quite amusing to see you behave like this. I’ve never seen you like this.” She replied with her eyes arch into crescent moon shape.

 

“What? Amusing? Hey you kitty cat, open your eyes before you mock at me.” Kai tried to reach out to tickle her but his 2nd sister shield her from him.

 

“How is he like then?” The elder’s curiosity was pricked.

 

“He...” Aleyah hid behind his second sister and started her story.

 

“Aye Aye Aye!” Kai tried to grabbed her from her 2nd sister’s back to stop her from saying anything embarrassing but Jung-ah just kicked him in his shin causing him to yelp. “Noona! I’m your brother okay!”

 

After a few more tries, Kai suffered from unnecessary pain from his shin and arms inflicted by his sister.

 

“Aish, you really are violent! Bye, I’m gonna bathe.” Kai picked up his bag and walked up the stairs. Before he disappear into the staircase, he merong at Aleyah. She shook her head as she tried to digest Kai’s behavior. Just like Sehun, double personality freak.

 

 

 

A pretty long chapter. Didn't update for quite a number of days so i decided to make up from it.

I've decided that i will write from the author's POV from now on. It's easier for me and i can write more interaction at the same time.

Anw, please support my latest FF: Stranger's Love.

Featuring Kai and you. Please take some time to click on that link and read... i really spent a lot of time on that ff and i genuinely hope there's more subbies.

Thank you in advance...

comment & subscribe (: