Chapter 40

She's My Manager.

 

[From: Kai]

 

All the best kitty cat. Text me when you get the results?

 

[From: Lay]

 

Ni hao! Thanks for your honey lemon. Have you seen the doctor?

Xiumin and Chen wished you all the best!

 

[From: Baekhyun Oppa]

 

Are you bored while waiting for the doctor? I’m so bored waiting from Kyungsoo to finish singing. He’s voice just broke btw.

 

[From: Chanyeol]

 

Shortie!

 

[From: Luhan]

 

The tea is delicious! Can I have some more tomorrow? All the best~

 

[From: Sehun]

 

Noona, I miss you. ):

 

[From: Kris]

 

Thanks for your tea! P.S: Tao wants your number so I gave it to him.

 

[From: Suho]

 

Don’t worry about us okay? We are doing fine. (: Kyungsoo said hi btw.

 

[From: Unknown Number]

 

Noona! I can call you that too right? Goodluck!

 

 

Aleyah looked at her phone and got a shock. It was the first time she had ever received so many text messages. All sent one after another at different timing. She giggled at Baekhyun’s text before continuing reading the rest. The boys are sweet afterall. She didn’t expect to receive such text from them. If it wasn’t the incident, she probably wouldn’t know that they are actually such lovable creatures. She might have been one of the managers who had quit. Now she was kind of glad that the incident happened afterall, it was a blessing in disguise.

 

“Aleyah. It’s your turn. You sure you don’t need me to come with you?” Amber spoke in fluent English to her best friend.

 

“Yeah. I will be back.” She gave Amber a reassuring smile.

 

“Alright, goodluck babe. I will be waiting for you here.” They gave each other a hug before Aleyah disappeared into the white door.

 

 

 

Aleyah climbed into the car seat as Amber started the engine. None of them said anything. The car was quiet except for the sound of the engine. Pulling her phone out from her bag, she looked at EXO’s messages thinking how she should reply them.

 

After some consideration she decided to add all of them into a group chat on Kakao Talk.

 

Aleyah created [EXO].

 

[Baekhyun Oppa joined]

 

[Chanyeol joined]

 

[Kai joined]

 

[Kris joined]

 

[Kyungsoo joined]

 

[Lay joined]

 

[Luhan joined]

 

[Sehun joined]

 

[Suho joined]

 

[Tao joined]

 

Aleyah: Hi guys.

 

She sent the first sentence as she took a deep breath. Her phone vibrated immediately.

 

Baekhyun: Aleyah! What did the doctor say?!

 

Kai: Everything okay?

 

Sehun: Nooonaaaa!

 

Luhan: I’ve got a positive feeling that it will be a piece of good news.

 

Chanyeol: Shortie! Reply! Quick!!!

 

Kris invited [Unknown number 1] & [Unknown number 2]

 

Unknown number 1: Aleyah! I’m Xiumin.

 

Sehun: Noona! Are you there?!!

 

Suho: Seen the doctor already?

 

Unknown number 2: I’m Chen chen!

 

Chanyeol: Omg, where is she?!

 

Aleyah’s phone was vibrating non stop as she frantically tried to type as fast as she could. Clearly, her typing skill was at least 10 times slower than the boys.

 

Baekhyun: She’s typing Yeol. Shutup.

 

Chanyeol: Aren’t you nervous too? Idiot.

 

Sehun: Noona! Just reply Yes or No! Stop typing so long. It’s killing me.

 

Kris: Guys, just let her type in peace.

 

[……..]

 

 

[……..]

 

 

Aleyah: I’m just out from the doctor. In Amber’s car now… You guys have 2 choices. Bad news first or good news first?

 

Baekhyun: Bad new first!

 

Chanyeol: Bad first

 

Kai: Bad first

 

Lay: Ouh oh…

 

Sehun: I’m getting a bad feeling about this now ):

 

Luhan: Bad first

 

Suho: It may not be that bad.

 

Aleyah: Okay..

 

Chanyeol: ?

 

Sehun: Okay what?

 

Chen: Can you all let her finish typing without interrupting?

 

Chanyeol: Just sing your part properly inside the recording studio and stop looking at your phone.

 

Aleyah: The bad news is… The doctor said I must continue to rest..

 

Baekhyun: Are you sick elsewhere?

 

Chanyeol: ?!!!!!!!

 

Kai: Rest for how long more?

 

Sehun: ^insert 10 crying emoticon

 

Kris: Good news?

 

Suho: What about the good news?

 

Chen: I’m multitasking Yeollie!

 

Aleyah: The good news is….

 

 

 [……..]

 

 

[……..]

 

Aleyah: I can come back to work!!

 

Baekhyun: I KNEW IT!

 

Kai: ^^

 

Sehun: Noona! How can you cheat our feelings like this?!

 

Aleyah: I can come back to work but I will still need plenty of rest.

 

Tao: I feel so cheated.

 

Lay: I don’t understand…

 

Suho: Yay! Our mighty manager is gonna have a comeback with us!! REJOICE EXO!

 

Chanyeol: I say Aleyah you say Lee!!


Chanyeol: Aleyah!!!

 

Chen: Lee!

 

Sehun: Leeeee!

 

Baekhyun: LEE!

 

Kyungsoo: What’s happening?

 

Kris: Congrats Aleyah!

 

Lay: What’s happening?

 

Xiumin: Sigh, I’m too lazy to explain to Lay. Someone do it please.

 

Chen: I will explain to you when I’m out. Later Lay.

 

Chanyeol: What’s for dinner tonight shortie?

 

Sehun: Pizza please!

 

Chanyeol: Yay! Maknae treating!

 

Baekhyun: Yay! Thanks Maknae!

 

Suho: Thanks Sehun!

 

Xiumin: Awww. Maknae is so sweet. Hyung is so touched.

 

Luhan: Bubble tea too? Thanks Hunnie. (:

 

Sehun: What kind of hyungs are you all?! Asking the youngest to treat… NO DINNER FOR ALL OF YOU.

 

“What’s so funny?” Amber asked the girl beside her who was laughing at her phone like some spastic fella.

 

“The boys are hilarious.” She could picture them waiting outside the recording studio, slacking on the couch frantically typing and not talking to one another. How did she know this was really what’s happening in SM building level 5’s recording studio? Because the boys forgot that they were actually beside one another so they were fighting with each other in a group conversation instead.

 

“I’m glad that they are treating you well.” Amber gave a look that Aleyah knew instantly what she was trying to say. “I’m over him already Amb.”

 

“That’s good. He’s not worth your tears. He doesn’t deserve someone like you too. You are too good for him.”

 

Aleyah locked her phone screen as Amber drove down the familiar road leading to the company. She really was over Onew ever since that day he came to look for her. Even though he openly told her that his feelings never faded, she still couldn’t get over what he had done to her. To her, once you’ve betrayed her trust, you will never get it back. For 2 years when she was with Fx she couldn’t get over him because she wasn’t someone who could let go of feelings so easily. However, now she was free from it.

 

Just then her phone vibrated once again, breaking her chain of thoughts. It was a text message.

 

From: Baekhyun Oppa.

 

Let’s have a celebratory dinner tonight. EXO’s treat. Decide what you wanna eat okay? Don’t try to choose something cheap and save money for us. Seeyou later. ^^

 

 

This is probably one of the longest chapter ever. LOL.

Thanks for your subscriptions and comments! Yay! My ff has hit 140!

A really big achievement for me!

Have you all watched today's perf? Omg, Kai is killing me with all his smirks and expressions.

Especially when he covers his eyes at the start. It's so damn smexy omgg. *nosebleed*

Hope you all enjoy this chapter! I'm gonna watch running man now!

Toodles~