Chapter 35

She's My Manager.

 

“Yah! I demand an explaination!” The girl slapped the boy’s arm the moment his bedroom door closed behind them. Kai brought her to his room after dinner, leaving the 2 youngsters alone.

 

Kai knew what she was referring to. An explaination to why he brought her home. Truthfully, he don’t know why either. He just felt like doing so. But he couldn’t tell her that right? “About what?”

 

“Why did the place you are supposed to bring me to turn out to be your house? I didn’t even prepare anything for your parents and my outfit is so informal!” Aleyah grumbled as she pouted.

 

“Firstly, why can’t be the place be my house?” Kai bend himself so he was of the same height as her. “Don’t tell me….. you were expecting a date?” The boy smirked.

 

“Secondly…” He stopped her before she could blow.

 

“Why are you so concern about leaving a good impression? By any chance do you….?” Kai sneakily raised his eyebrows at the girl with his signature smirk spread across his cheeky face.

 

“U..uh… No! Whatever you are thinking of, I’m telling you now it’s a no!” Aleyah pushed him away from her. Increasing the distance between them. “How do you know what I’m thinking of?” The boy’s cheeky voice was ringing in the empty room.

 

“Yah Kai! Do you wanna die?” She placed her hands on her waist as she glared at him fiercely. His tone of voice was so suggestive! Obviously she knew what he was thinking!

 

“I’m not Kai now. I’m Kim JongIn.” Kai ruffled her hair as he walked pass her to the balcony in his room and sat on the floor. He breathed in the fresh air and traced the floor tiles with his hands. This moment he is indeed Kim JongIn, the owner of this room, the maknae of the Kim family.

 

Aleyah’s heart soften when she heard Kai said that sentence. It was true that he has double personality. However, it wasn’t something good for this 20 year old boy at all. The dancing machine of Exo was always deemed as matured and quiet. Sometimes even cold. Just because he’s the best when it comes to dancing, he has to shoulder the extra dance moves and they are usually more difficult than the rest. Kai doesn’t complain but takes down everything himself. The kind boy doesn’t want to trouble or worries the member so he takes the painkillers in order to perform on stage.

 

Now that he’s back home, Aleyah knew that the boy he saw earlier was the true Kim JongIn. The childish, mummy’s boy are his true character. She could understand his reason for the split personality. When he’s at home, he’s the maknae. Nobody judges him, nobody will ever pick on his weakness against him because family loves you for who you are. He doesn’t have to think of the other 11 member’s dreams (of being an professional artist) that are on his shoulders.

 

Sitting down beside him, it suddenly dawned on Aleyah that today was the first time Kai ever talked about the incident even though they had hung out countless number of times at the balcony every night. “You could have told them I’m your friend instead of your manager you know.”

 

“What’s wrong with being truthful?” Kai leaned his head backwards, against the wall. “I…. just wanted to say thank you to you anyway.”

 

He sat up straight in front of the girl. “Thank you. For saving me” He smiled as he looked down. “I… I had been avoiding this topic because I… I couldn’t face it. But as we get closer, it’s getting uncomfortable for me. So I thought I should be a man and face it. I’m also sorry. Sorry for being so mean to you last time. I was the one who kept your boarding pass to stop you from coming back from us. I was also the one who…” Aleyah raised her hand to touch his arm as she shook her head gently.

 

“No, let me continue.” The boy’s eyes were burning with determination. He was determined to clear this up. Once and for all. “I did too many things that hurt you because I wanted our old manager back. He was the only one truly cared about us. He wasn’t like the other mangers who treated us like money trees of SM. They made us work and work, didn’t care about us. I thought you were no different from them.. but when you took that stab for me, I then realize you are not one of them. You truly care about us.”

 

“I regretted that it took me so long to realize that and I had to put you through all this. I promise I will do whatever it takes to make it up to you.” Kai looked into Aleyah’s eyes. He meant what he just said.

 

“Firstly, I’ve never blamed you for being such an irritating bastard right from the start.” Aleyah mimicked Kai’s earlier tone of voice when he used the word firstly, causing him to chuckle. “Secondly, like I’ve said. It’s human instinct Kai. Anyone would have done that.”

 

“No, I’m sure the others will never do that. Not SM’s staff definitely.” He mentioned them with disgust in his tone. “They don’t treat us like humans. We are nothing but tools.”

 

“Kai…” Aleyah wanted to convince him but was interrupted by him again. “Let’s not talk about them ummm?” He rubbed her arms gently before shifting back to lean against the wall.

 

 “Did you just say you want to make it up to me?” The girl’s eyes were clear like crystal in the night.

 

“Yeah, I will do anything.” His tone of voice was serious.

 

“Tell me why have you been sleeping alone?”

 

 

 

Hello, I MAY do a double update today if time permits. 

Going to Tioman for the next 3 days so I won't be updating till I'm back.

Please please do comment! I really feel very discouraged whenever I update but there isn't any comments. *sobs*

I don't know if you guys read and find it y or what.. if it is please let me know too! (So i can improve..)

Has been very upset that my new FF that I spent a lot of time on isn't receiving as much love. Seriously disheartened. /:

Gonna go for dance practise. Seeyou guys around.