Chapter 30

She's My Manager.

 

Onew POV

 

The car ride back to Exo’s dorm was quiet. She looked out of the car’s window like she was in deep thoughts. However, her presence beside me, inside this car made me really happy. It was just like old times.. how the car always smells like her after driving her. This was one of the reason why I refuse to change my car after all these years.

 

“Are you cold?” Seeing her rubbing her arms, I asked.

 

“A little…” I increased the aircon for her as I reached to the backseat to get her my jacket. “Wear it.”

 

“It’s okay. I brought my own.” She said as she pulled out a grey hoodie and put it on. The grey hoodie was somehow too big for her and it had a very foreign smell. It didn’t smell like her.

 

Then the car was silent once again. She looked out of the car window as I looked straight ahead. The look in her eyes tell me that she was bothered by something. It was her little habit that when she’s bothered, she will bite her lower lips. And she’s doing it now.

 

“What are you thinking about?” I stole a glance at her as I turned into the small road to Exo’s dorm.

 

“Nothing much.” She shook her head, refusing to share. A sense of disappointment filled me immediately, she used to share with me her thoughts when I couldn’t guess them. Now that I can’t guess her thoughts, she wasn’t willing to share with me either. I couldn’t help but sigh. I thought after all this time, we were back to old times but now I know it was only an one sided feeling.

 

“You can always share with me.. You know that.” I reminded her. You can always share with me like how you always do last time.

 

“Nah, it’s nothing. Really.” She denied once again. Disappointment filled me once again, it was as though she shut me out of her heart but I know I can’t blame her. After all I’ve done to her…

 

“Thanks for sending me home..” She unbuckled her seatbelt, ready to leave.

 

“Aleyah.” I pulled her wrist as she was about to leave.

 

“I… I’m sorry.” I apologized.

 

“For?”

 

“For the past.” She just remained her silent. I know it was my chance to continue since we had been avoiding this topic ever since…

 

“I know I’ve hurt you. Very badly. I don’t have the rights to ask you to forgive me.. but when I heard that you were injured, I felt as though someone stabbed me through my heart. Then I saw you laying on the white sheets of the hospital bed, my heart was shred into million pieces.. I….”

 

“Stop it.” Her voice was cold.

 

“It’s all in the past.” Her face was calm, almost expressionless compared to mine. My feelings were overwhelming me as I felt myself struggling to find the right words to apologize so she will understand how I feel..

 

Aleyah POV

 

“and… I can’t remember anything you’ve just apologized for.” I tried to sound as calm as possible. My hands were trembling but I hid it with Kai’s oversize jacket. How can this guy say such things to me? After all that he has done…

 

We were madly in love then. I was their manager, he was SHInee’s leader Onew. Our days were spent without a day apart from another. We could talk about anything and everything under the sun. I could act all stupid, childish and eat in the most unglamorous way yet he still finds me cute, pretty and loves every single action of mine.

 

 

Onew knows my unfinished dream of being a singer. He promised to finish it for me by bringing me to stand on the stage of Tokyo’s Dome, Seoul International Stadium and etc. He didn’t want to see me feeling sad or regretful about it. And I never doubted him on that, I trusted him.

 

Although he was surrounded by the prettiest artists everyday, he never pays attention to any. His eyes were always on me. He could be a hugging a model for a photoshoot but he would always look at me whenever possible. His eyes were constantly searching for me when he was on stage performing. The first person he ran offstage when SHINee won their first music show was me. I still remember him hugging me as he spinned me around backstage not caring if anyone suspected our relationship. He told me if it isn’t for me, SHINee wouldn’t be getting this and he gave their first trophy to me.

 

We couldn’t date openly but he will steal some time during working hours to shower me with his love. Dance studio was where we shared our first kiss, the convenience store near SHINee’s apartment was where we spent out first anniversary and SHINee’s apartment marked the start of our relationship.

 

This relationship was kept in the dark from everyone in the company but we both knew it didn’t matter as long as we had each other. I didn’t mind even if it had to be a secret because I know he loves me as much as I love him.

 

However one day everything changed. I can never forget that one day in autumn. It was my favourite season of the year where orange crisp autumn leaves fall and covered the sidewalk. We would always wait for each other at the bus stop a few blocks away from the office and board the bus leading back to their dorm. He didn’t appear that day. I became a bit worried and I started calling him but he didn’t pick up either. Afraid that he may be delayed by fans along the way I ran back to the office.

 

When I found him in one of the dance studio, I couldn’t believe what I saw. He was hugging his backup dancer, kissing. For that moment, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. I blinked several times but the two of them remained intertwined in each other’s arms, lips locked. His eyes were full of regret and shock when they saw me.

 

He called me gently as he reached out to me. That moment I just hit his hand away, I was fuming mad. How could he still touch me? Pulling out the necklace that symbolized our love, I threw it back at him before walking out of the room. I didn’t know how I reach home after, I only knew someone just dug out my heart. I felt hollow.

 

“Drive safely.” I bit back my tears as I left the car. Pulling the hoodie over my head I walked as fast I could into the apartment building. Upon reaching the dorm, I collapsed behind the closed doors. Keys and bag sprawled across the floor.

 

I hugged myself as I cried my hearts out. After all this years of locking the feelings away, thinking I was over it, he still has a way to them.. Lee Jinki, how can you be so cruel? After all you’ve done, how can you say sorry and expect me to forgive you so easily. Do you know how much I’ve cried because of you? Do you know how does it feel like to have everything taken away from you in a night? Your dreams, your best friend… your soulmate.. 

 

 

A rather long update today! I tried to decrease it but i just can't.. 

Now the truth behind Onew & Aleyah's relationship is out!

Kinda expected right...

I wanted to add in how Onew and Aleyah met but i guess it will be too draggy and it may bore you guys out..

Sorry for the crappy chapter 29. it was to lead to this.

Have a few scenes planned in my head after watching Exo on variety show. 

Maknae has succeeded in taking over Kai in my bias list. ):

The power of Oh Sehun and i'm totally smitten with this boy.

AND THANK YOU FOR SUBSCIBING!!! IT HIT 100!!!

THANK YOUUUUU! I'M SO HAPPY!! ^^

LOVE YOU GUYS SOOO MUCH.

Please continue to comment and subscribe!!!