Chapter 48

She's My Manager.

 

“Guys! Aleyah and Kai are here!” Fx Sulli ran into the dressing room excitedly. She was more than happy to see Aleyah here but was surprised at the latter’s presence.

 

“Kai??”

 

“Why is he here?”

 

“Yeah, why is he here?”

 

“Where’s Aleyah?” In contrast to everyone’s question about Kai, Amber was the only one who’s concern about her best friend who she seldom gets to see.

 

“I’m here!” As mentioned, the girl jumped into the dressing room, announcing her arrival.

 

“Aleyah!” Amber hugged her immediately, not caring that it will crumple her outfit for photoshoot later.

 

“Yah! Amber. Your outfit is going to get crumpled!”

 

“I miss you babe.” The tomboy girl hugged her even tighter, burying her head into Aleyah’s neck area.

 

Kai looked at the two girls hugging in front of him. As much as he knew that Amber is a girl, it was still disturbing to see someone who looks like a guy hugging her. If Amber wasn’t a girl, he would have broken his her ribs for hugging Aleyah like this long ago.

 

“Kai, why are you here?” Victoria noticed the boy standing behind them.

 

“I’m here for the photoshoot?” Kai looked at her weirdly. He was told that he could be excused from practise because he had a separate schedule. And that was participating in Fx new album’s photo shoot.

 

“You are joining us?” Sulli asked happily.

 

“That will be fun!” Luna chirped.

 

“Fx! Please get ready!” Their coordinator came in and told the girls who were all dressed and done with their makeup. “Kai, please get ready in the mean time. You will be up after the girls are done with their group and solo shoot.”

 

“Neh.” The boy bowed and replied while Aleyah set up the kit she brought with her. Inside the kit, contained all the makeup and hair sprays that were necessary for him.

 

“Quick. Sit down.” Aleyah beckoned him over to where she was and he obeyed obediently. His hand brushing against hers before he sat down, causing the girl to blush at his hand’s warmth.

 

“Close your eyes.” She applied a thin layer of bb cream over his already flawless face before concealing all his dark circles that were prominent because of the late night practices they had. As she applied powder over his face, she couldn’t help but to bite back a smile. His features were so well chiseled that she finds him extremely good looking. Looking at him so closely reminded her of that night where they laid on the wooden floor in the practise room, staring into one another’s eyes.

 

Little did she know that when she was admiring the boy, her hand stopped moving. Her sudden stop in movement made the boy opened his eyes in curiosity and his eyes met with hers that were a few inches away from hers. They stood still for a few minutes, staring into each other’s eye before looking away when they felt the temperature between them was rising.

 

“Y.. you can go and change now. I’m done.” Aleyah spun around quickly, turning her back at Kai so he could not see her blushing. But he saw her flushed face through the reflection of the mirror and a smile spread across his face. He stood up from the chair and looked at her intently through the reflection.

 

Feeling his intense stare, Aleyah raised her voice slightly, “Ya..h. I said go and change!”

 

Kai found her shyness really adorable. Although she was packing the makeup into the carrier, the bronzer was packed wrongly. It was placed with the concealers instead. He knew she was panicking and his playful side kicked in.

 

Closing up the gap in between them, he put both of his hands on the table on either side of her, enclosing her in between him. He felt her tensing up when his chest was on her back and he smirked immediately.

 

“But… you didn’t give me my outfit my dear manager.” He whispered into her ears as he emphasized on the word dear. Her already flushed face was almost red as she pushed passed him frantically, half shouting as she ran out of the room, “I.. I will ask their coordi!”

 

******

 

Aleyah stood outside the set as she watched Fx and Kai posed for their photos. The concept was somewhat like a story where the rest of the Fx members met him through Amber. Slowly, Krystal and Sulli fell in love with him but he adores Krystal. Both of them started a relationship but ended up breaking up cause of the unhappiness they had caused to their friendship.

 

Her eyes were glued to the boy as she watched him pose for every picture with feelings. He was so into it and every picture of his turned out really awesome on the monitor screen. Many a times they had eye contact and he would flash her a Kim JongIn smile before returning to his smug expression that was enough to kill his fangirls.

 

“Okay, 10 minutes break!” The cameraman announced and Kai approached Aleyah almost immediately.

 

Passing him a bottle of water, she sat him down before cleaning his sweat off his face. Her gentleness and close proximity made Kai want to just pull her down for a hug but he know he can’t do it now and it was somewhat torturing him.

 

 “Are you okay?”  The girl asked when she saw his constipated face.

 

“Yeah…” He nodded as he patted at the empty seat beside him. When she took a seat that was a distance away from him, he shifted in so their arms could touch. He loves the feeling of her soft skin on his and he just couldn’t stop doing those small little actions just so he could touch her.

 

“You should go.” They sat in silence for 10 minutes, just enjoying each other’s company and warmth.

 

“Okay.” Kai replied relunctantly as he showed no sign of standing up. She nudged him before he stood up grudgingly.

 

Subsequently, the photoshoot were just Krystal and Kai showing their love story. Aleyah watched how Kai backhug the pretty pink haired girl and how her head laid on his shoulder. When they were instructed to do a certain pose that requires skinship, she saw how he would look at her first, his brown eyes wavering.

 

“Are you two dating or what?” Amber went near her best friend and whispered. “He was looking at you the entire time.”

 

“N..No. We are not.” She shook her head immediately. It was true, they aren’t dating. They were just friends.

 

“It doesn’t look like it you know. “ Amber but the girl was in no mood to fight back. Her mood was dampened when she saw how his hands were on another girl and how happy he looked. Although it was ridiculous because this was his job and she was in no shoes to be jealous, she just couldn’t help being upset about it. Looking at them, Kai was whispering something into Krystal’s ears as she chuckled happily and ducked into his embrace.

 

“Anyway, talk to you later. I.. I need to make an urgent phonecall.” Aleyah excused herself as she walked out of the garage, leaving the photoshoot behind her. If she’s have to stay for another moment, her heart and mind will burst.

 

******

 

The moment the cameraman announced for a tea-break, Kai ran towards the direction where he saw her leave earlier. Halfway through the photoshoot, he saw her biting her lips and left, she didn’t come back ever since. He was so afraid that she would misunderstand when he was told to hug and touch Krystal like it was his girlfriend. As much as he was unwilling to, he doesn’t have a choice. He already tried to look at her as much as possible, it was his only way to guarantee her that she was all he sees. However, it looks like that kitty cat did not get the hint.

 

He pushed open the garage door hastily and he saw the girl sitting at a bench at a far corner. Her head was down as she stared at her dangling feet. Kai plopped himself beside her, slightly distancing himself. He knew this wasn’t the right time for skinship yet. The girl looked up and saw him looking at her intently. “Why are you staring at me like this?”

 

“N… nothing. Just looking.” He mumbled, thinking how he should approach this sensitive issue between them properly.

 

“Done with the photoshoot?” She asked, her eyes were restless. Her tone of voice lost all the energy she used to have.

 

“Yeah. I’m done with my part.”

 

“Then let’s go back.” Aleyah stood up immediately, turning around to leave. She had enough for today. She had been fighting with her mind since just now and all she wants now was to get away from here. Seeing her leave, Kai instinctively grabbed her wrist, stopping her.

 

Aleyah turned around to look at him weirdly as his hand slide from her wrist down to her palm, intertwining his fingers into hers. He gave her hand a light squeeze before standing up and flashed her a really gentle smile that tugged the corner of her lips, “Yupp. Let’s go home.”

 

Is it me or that Kai has gotten damn hot recently?

Yes, he has been my bias and he has all along been hot but recently he really has gotten hotter didn't he?

I just finished watching naver and oh boyyyyy. He's smoking hot in there! And adorable of course.

Totally digging his grey hair and the not-overly-styled hair.

Anyway please do comment and subscribe! I wanna hear from you guys since my subbies did increase. 

Hope my comments would increase too! ^^