Chapter 27

She's My Manager.

 

Aleyah’s POV

 

“There was once where our old manager, Troy hyung brought us to the seaside.. he drove us there secretly. It was right before our debut and we were really stress so he brought us there. He told us to shout it out and we did… I felt so much better after that… the stress was crazy….” Kai smiled as he said it. We are sitting at the balcony at our usual spot. Our shoulders leaning against one another, arms touching.

 

“Then Sehun being maknae, he splashed water on Chanyeol… the next thing we knew we were all wet. I still remembered Baekhyun Hyung carried me on his back to fight off Sehun who was on Suho’s hyung back…” His eyes were filled with love… love for s. You could tell from his sincere dark eyes.

 

“So who won?”

 

“Guess?”

 

“Sehun?” By logic that party was stronger in terms of height.

 

“Noooo! Hyung and I pushed them both into the waters! Sehun drank like 2-3 mouths of seawater. Hahahah. His fringe was plastered all over his face. ” He laughed as I smiled while looking at him. This boy in front of me has a damn amazing smile that is so contagious. Once you see him smile, you couldn’t help but to smile together with him..

 

Then we fell into silence. It wasn’t those awkward silent, it was comfortable. Two of you just stared straight ahead, each in our own world. I don’t know since when did we became so close, the arrogant prince Kai disappeared.

 

“You? What about you? “ He broke the silence and tilted slightly to look at me. Unknowingly, I held my breadth.

 

“What about me?”

 

“I told you so much about us… about me for the past few nights here. I don’t know anything about you…” His eyes were so gentle as he looked at me, setting my heart to beat twice as fast than usual.

 

Kai POV

 

“What do you wanna know?” she asked.

 

“Everything..” I said the word before I could stop myself but that was the truth.. I wanna know more about her.. I don’t know why but I wanna know everything about her. The past.. present…

 

 

“Hahah, I will never finish by tonight.” Aleyah rolled her eyes.

 

We had been here for the past few nights talking about Exo. We didn’t arrange to meet but it slowly became an unspoken thing for both of us to meet here. Every night I will give her my hoodie because I didn’t want her to catch a cold and she will fall asleep on my shoulder when I’m halfway through my story. Then, I will carry her back to her room, tuck her in bed and watch her sleep for a little while before leaving. Next morning, I will find my jacket neatly folded and placed on my table with her sweet honeysuckle & jasmine smell.

 

“We have tomorrow night. Thursday night, Friday night, Saturday night…”

 

“Okay okay.” She raised her hand in defeat.

 

“You got all night…” I said as I lean my head against the wall and turn to look at her.

 

“My parents send me to Korea when I was 10, in hope that I will speak fluent Korean to aid them in their business in the future. However after coming to Seoul, I fell in love with something else…”

 

“A boy?”

 

“Jeez, I was only 10!” She hit my arm playfully as she laughed.

 

“Okay my bad, continue please.” Somehow I felt relieved.

 

“I fell in love with Dance.” She looked at me with an understanding look.

 

“I started to dance and my parents wasn’t happy with it at all. They forced me to stop but I didn’t want to. We fought and I was chased out by them.”

 

“How old were you?” I fought the urge to hold her hand as her eyes darkened. Family VS Dream. I know it better than anyone else.

 

“I was 14 then. I had trouble fending for myself that I don’t even have time to dance anymore.. Then I came across SM casting and I thought I could give it a try. My main concern at that point was that I needed a lodging desperately and SM promised that.”

 

“Right after the first round, I was casted immediately for my dance skills. Then I started my trainee days at SM…”

 

“You were a trainee?!” I sat up really straight as I asked her. Why haven’t I seen her before??

 

“Yupp. I was a trainee until one fateful day. It was almost midnight when I ended my practice. I was on my way home when I lost my footing on the stairs and I slipped and fall. The impact was pretty bad as the edge of step hit directly on my tail bone and I was sent to the hospital via the ambulance.”

 

“My tail bone was fractured and there was no way tail bone can be healed. It will be a life-time injury. Doctors advised me to stop dancing as the training hours were too crazy and my back won’t be able to take it…”

 

“Did you?” I looked at her as she played her fingers, avoiding my eye contact.

 

“Will you?” She asked me back.

 

“No I won’t.” I know nothing will stop me from dancing.. even if that means I have to bear with the pain.

 

“Yupp, I didn’t. Dance was my everything. The only thing that accompanied me through my darkest days.. when everyone else gave up on me, dance didn’t. I couldn’t give it up so easily. I ignored doctor’s advise and continued training. True enough, my back couldn’t take it and it started to affect my walking.”

 

“My nerves are affected and walking became a difficulty. I had no choice, I had to give up. I was only 16 then. “ I held her hands tightly in mine as I put them on my lap and gave a little squeeze. Her icy cold hands made my heart ache.

 

“Mr Lee pitied me so he gave me another job instead. That was SHINee’s manager. I worked with the boys for 2 years before going over to Fx when they debut and now Exo.” She smiled at me as though whatever she had gone through was nothing.

 

No wonder I’ve never seen her around before. When I came in, she left.

 

“So you can dance?” I asked her with no intention to let her hands go. Her hand somehow feels so comfortable and so soft in mine…

 

“Yupp I can. Maybe even better than you.” She stuck out her tongue at me.

 

“Oh yeah? Better than me?” I smirked at her.

 

“Uh huhhh.” She bobbed her little head up and down and I laughed.

 

“Okay, let’s compete when you’ve fully recovered.” I gulped as I mentioned the topic I had been avoiding all this while.

 

“Deal! Losers treat… erm….. Korean prime beef!” She stuck out her pinkie.

 

“Hahaha, yes yes deal.” I hooked her pinkie with my free hand.

 

“You know you remind me of Hello Kitty.” Whenever she smiles, her eyes arched into a thin little line that I can barely see them just like Kitty.

 

“What?!” She exclaimed.

 

“Small eyes... You just need a ribbon here.” I pointed to her head.

 

“No I don’t? Hello Kitty has no mouth!”

 

“You are a Hello Kitty that talks okay?”

 

“Nooo! That’s not a compliment!”

 

“I didn’t mean to compliment you. Hahahah.”

 

“Yahhh!”

 

“Hello Kitty, it’s time for bed.”

 

“You look like a pudding then!”

 

 

 

 “Why?!”

 

“As brown as that…”

 

Hellloooooo! Sorry for missing for the past few days, was busy with prayers.

To compensate for that a pretty long chapter for ppl who ships Kai and Aleyah (if there's any)

Anyone out there ships Lay&Aleyah? Baek & Aleyah? Kris & Aleyah? shout out pls!

Comment and Subscribe pls! Toodles!