Chapter 44

She's My Manager.

 

“Aleyah! Please?”

 

“I said no!”

 

“Why not?”

 

“No means no.”

 

“Aleyah look…” Chanyeol didn’t understand the reason to her refusal but he needed her to agree. His this month’s salary was at stake if this girl doesn’t agree.

 

“No!” The girl pulled her hand out from his arms.

 

“What are they doing?” Luhan pointed to the couple ahead of them. Kai, Sehun and him came back from their bubbletea break to be greeted by such a scene. Chanyeol was pulling Aleyah’s arms with a begging face while the girl just constantly pulled herself away from him as she walked down the corridor.

 

“Yah. Is that hyung bullying her again?” Sehun stated angrily before storming towards them. Pushing Chanyeol aside, he stood in front of his beloved manager with his arms widely spread. “You! Stop bulling her!”

 

“Aish,… get lost Sehun.” Chanyeol rolled his eyes at the childish maknae. What was he trying to do? Trying reenact a scene of how the knight rescue the princess?

 

“What’s happening?” Kai walked towards Aleyah and stood before her. His arms touching hers slightly, causing her to blush and she looked down instantly.

 

“Nothing much. Let’s get back to practise.” The girl dragged Sehun and Kai on her either side so she could get away from Chanyeol.

 

“Aleyah! I’m not done….”

 

“ALEYAH!” Park Chanyeol’s voice echoed throughout the practise room. All of the members turned to look at him in shock. Aleyah just shot him the killer stare before going back to her paper work at the corner of the room.

 

“I’m not done. Can you tell me why? At least give me a reason to the rejection.” The tall male walked towards her with his arms on his waist. The rest of them just stared at the mini drama.

 

“What is there to explain? No means no.” The girl wasn’t someone who’s being scared easily.

 

“No, I don’t accept. I don’t believe you will reject me!”

 

“Did Chanyeol Hyung confess to Aleyah?” Tao whispered to Sehun beside him causing him to gape at them.

 

“Is it me or that it sounds like Chanyeol got rejected by Aleyah?” Chen asked Baekhyun at the other corner of the room.

 

“Hyung! Did… did you just confess to… Aleyah?” Tao was dying from curiosity. He needed to know the answer.

 

“Con…WHAT?” Lay choked on his water and started coughing in fits.

 

“Yah. Drink slowly will you?” Aleyah patted Lay’s back since he was sitting beside her.

 

“Did… *cough* Chan…yeol *cough* really confess… to… y..ou?” Lay asked her between his coughs.

 

“Yeah. Did hyung really do that? Noona, you rejected right?” Sehun pressed her for an answer. “Am I right noona? You rejected right?”

 

“What.....” Aleyah looked at the boys who were looking at them with widely opened eyes.

 

“Are you all crazy?” Chanyeol burst out laughing.

 

“You all are crazy.” Aleyah rolled her eyes as she continued her paperwork.

 

“Then… why did she reject you?” Kris asked Chanyeol.

 

“She rejected me because I wanted her to join Manager’s Talentime! Are you all desperate for love or what? Thinking of all these ridiculous things…” Chanyeol reprimanded them. His explaination made Kai heaved a sigh of relief. So did the Kris and Baekhyun.

 

“Manager’s talentime. What’s that?” Tao asked.

 

“It’s a competition whereby SM artist’s managers compete in singing and dancing. It’s an annual thing. We didn’t participate last year because it happened before we debuted. This year is our first official year to participate.” Suho explained.

 

“Woah! Sounds damn fun!! I can’t wait to see Aleyah dance!” Chen was clapping his hands in excitement.

 

“No. I’m not joining.” She replied plainly.

 

“WHY!!” The 12 boys raised their voice at her at the same time, causing her to jump.

 

“It’s not compulsory. Please don’t waste your time and focus on your comeback.” The reason to why she doesn’t want to join was more than that but she didn’t want to explain what used to happen in the past since it’s all over.

 

“We will focus on our comeback. Will you please participate?” Chanyeol begged with his puppy eyes.

 

“No.”

 

“Pleaseeeee?”

 

“No.”

 

“I buy you Korean beef. Aleyah, please.”

 

“No.”

 

“A..”

 

“Chanyeol, stop forcing her.” Luhan stopped the younger one. He could tell she really didn’t want to participate and he doesn’t want her to be put in such a difficult spot. She looked up at him and smiled.

 

“Aleyah, can you please join?” Aleyah turned at the voice of the owner. It was Kyungsoo. The man who seldom speaks and when he does, it’s always something important. She was shocked that he’s asking her to join the competition.


“Why do you all want me to join so badly?” She asked them. All 12 of them looking at her eagerly.

 

“Truthfully, I made a bet with Ryewook Hyung that you will win.” Kyungsoo confessed.

 

“Omg, me too! I made a bet with Eunhyunk Hyung that you will win too.” Chanyeol sat beside Aleyah. “So please? It’s my one month’s salary!!”

 

“YOUR WHAT?!” The girl screamed at Chanyeol’s face. He just pouted.  “Hyung said it’s more fun that way… I can’t say no since I suggested to bet…”

 

“My 2 months salary Aleyah…” Kyungsoo sticked out his two fingers at her. The girl just looked at them in shock.

 

“Wow, I didn’t know you all are so rich. Looks like SM paid you guys well huh?” The girl’s sacarsm caused the other members to laugh.

 

“So.. Aleyah. Please?” Chanyeol begged her once again.

 

“Yeah.. Please.?” Kyungsoo was begging her too.

 

“Noona, just help them please?” Sehun helped his hyungs.

 

“Yeah, you have us. You have 12 of us to teach you singing and dancing. Chen, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun can teach you how to sing. Kai and Lay can teach you how to dance. If you need to rap, there’s always Tao and Kris. If you need to learn an instrument, there’s always Chanyeol.” Suho encouraged.

 

“What about me?” Sehun asked Suho, clearly unhappy that he didn’t get to play a part in this mission of helping his beloved manager.

 

“Just shut up.” Chanyeol spat.

 

“That was mean. I was just trying to help.” He frowned at his hyung’s words.

 

“You can teach her aegyo okay?” Luhan comforted him. “Teach her your gwiyomi?” This lighted the maknae’s face again.

 

“If you are hungry, you can always look at me.” Xiumin pointed to himself. “Baozi just for you.”

 

“You will do fine.” Kai looked into Aleyah’s eyes and gave her a nod. His eyes were full of determination that this manager’s of theirs will definitely do more than just fine. Because she used to be a trainee, that was what the other members don’t know. So Kai was definite that she can handle it well.

 

Aleyah looked into Kai’s eyes. They were full of confidence as though he was the one who’s going to perform. But nonetheless she was touched.

 

“Alright, I will join.”

 

 

Sorry for the lack of updates!

Was having writer's bloc.

Oh my.. this yeollie is messing up my bias list recently!!

Okay i'm gonna watch weekly Idol now.

Enjoy, comment and subscribe pls~