Chapter 56

She's My Manager.

 

Kai sat beside the hospital bed, her pulse rate beeped constantly in the background. It was the only thing that calmed him down from the earlier incident as he told himself that at least she’s still alive. He shuddered at the doctor’s word when he recalled what he said the moment he came out of the Emergency Room. If she was not released from the rope in another minute, she would have died. He was that near of losing her if it isn’t the police who came barging in and fire at the string that hanged her. And thank god that Sehun being the usual muddlehead forgot to switch off his GPS enabling them to track their location.

 

He stared at her peaceful face as she slept in the white sheets. Her face as pale as before. Familiar images of her laying here came back to haunt him once again. Because of him, she was in this exact same situation twice. Although this time it was not as serious as the other time, Kai still couldn’t stop feeling guilty. The strangled mark around her neck and cracked lips were proof of her being tortured because of him.

 

“She will be fine.” Amber patted his shoulder, “You should go back and washup. I doubt she will want to see you in this state when she wakes up.”

 

Looking up at Amber, his reddened eyes were lifeless. He shook his head stubbornly, “I want to be here when she’s awake. I don’t want to leave her now.” He held onto her hands tightly. He was afraid, he was afraid that if he leaves her now, he might not see her ever again.

 

“Just let him be Amber.” Sehun stopped her. His eyes scanned the crowded ward, EXO, SHINee and Fx were all gathered here.

 

“The fan confessed to everything she had done.” Taegoon stepped into the ward and announced to everyone.

 

“She’s not a fan. Not worthy to be called our fan.” Xiumin was mad that the saesang went out to this extent to hurt his dongseng when he sees Aleyah like his blood related younger sister.

 

“Yeah, Exo doesn’t need a fan like this.” Kyungsoo second that.

 

“Now that she’s caught and locked up. We can all stop being so uptight already.” Taegoon looked at the poor girl who was laying in the sheets as he shook her head. Why does she have to be the sacrifice again?

 

“Hyung, can we push back our comeback?” Suho asked. He was in no mood for comeback. They practiced so hard for their fans but it was their fans that hurt their love ones. Also, the amount of practices they missed these few days have slowed down their progress and now not only Aleyah was injured. Kai and Sehun were also suffering from head concussion.

 

“At least till Kai and Sehun recovers. And I doubt anyone is in the mood to practise now.” Baekhyun agrees too. He himself was in no mood to do anything when his angel was suffering.

 

“Okay, I will stall some time for you guys alright?”

 

“We can try talking to Mr Lee Soo Man about it also.” Jonghyun offered.

 

“Thanks hyung.”

 

“T…hank … you hyung.” Tao thanked him in between his sobs, causing Kris to glare at him.

 

“Hwang ZiTao. What did I say?”

 

“You… told… me.. no..t.. to.. cry..”

 

“Then?!”

 

“But.. I can’t.. help it! She’s.. so poor.. thing…”

 

“It’s either you talk after you stop crying or you just shut up and don’t talk at all.” Chanyeol joined in the scolding of the crying panda, “It’s tiring to hear you talk like this.”

 

“Uh…..” He sobbed even harder.

 

“I said shut up!” Chanyeol took a pillow from the couch as he mute him out.

 

“So… noisy..” A frail voice spoke, causing everyone to turn to the hospital bed immediately.

 

“Aleyah!”

 

“Noona!”

 

“Why is Tao and Chanyeol bickering again?” Her voice was weak but that didn’t stop her from being herself.

 

“Is Chanyeol Oppa.” The happy virus wanted to make her happy and that was by annoying her.

 

“Yes Chanyeol Oppa…” She smiled at them weakly as she took in her surrounding. There were so many pairs of eyes looking at her. Exo, Fx, Shinee and Taegoon…

 

“Is SMTown happening here or what?” She tried to crack a joke to lighten the atmosphere. From their expression she could tell them they were very worried about her.

 

“Yeah. Want me to dance for you?” Taemin offered.

 

“I can sing for you too.” Krystal joined.

 

“Kyungsoo and I can sing duet. Latest duet in Fx album!” Luna chirped.

 

“I can imitate Christina if you want.” Even the slowpoke Lay offered.

 

“I…. I can play the guitar!” Chanyeol didn’t want to lose to any of them, “but I need to get from the van though.”

 

His words made Aleyah chuckle and everyone heaved a sigh of relief. There was nothing they wouldn’t do to see this girl smile like this again, especially when they nearly lost her.

 

“Why is your head wrapped?” She asked Sehun who was sitting on her right.

 

“The fan hit us when we tried to escape.” He replied.

 

“How come I don’t remember? And did you just say we?!” Her voice was alarmed. “Kai?!”

 

Then she saw his head was wrapped in bandage too. Her heart wrenched immediately as she reached out to touch his injury.


“Guys, I think Kai has a lot of things to say to her. Shall we?” Amber pointed to the door. She knew that the couple needed some space.

 

“Taegoon hyung will treat us coffee!” Sehun suggested as he pushed people out of the room playfully. He winked at Amber for her good job done.

 

“I didn’t say that?!” Taegoon protested.

 

“Okay then Suho hyung would be more than glad to do the job!”

 

“Yupp! Kaching Suho hyung!” Chanyeol childishly linked the sound of the cash register opening to the leader’s name.

 

“Lame.”

 

“Shut up maknae…”

 

Kai waited for the door to close before he closed up the gap between them. He sat on her bed as he hugged her tightly, burying his head in her neck.

 

“K…ai….” Aleyah felt somewhat suffocated by him. “I can’t… breathe.”

 

Upon hearing that, he released her immediately. “Did I hurt you anywhere?! Do I need to call the doctor?!”

 

“No no! I’m fine Kai.” She smiled, slowly regaining her energy as she spoke a little louder than just now.

 

“How are you feeling?” Her hand instinctively reached out to touch the layer of bandage around his head.

 

“It’s not serious. What about you?” Kai held onto her hands in front of him as they looked into one another’s eye.

 

“Not that bad. Alive and kicking.” She joked, causing him to smile a little. But it didn’t hide his exasperation. “Stop being so guilty. It’s not your fault Kai.”

 

However he just shook his head, how was this not his fault? It was his fan, it was because he had been sticking around her that’s why the fan raged. It was all because of him. If it wasn’t for him, she would be so much better off.

 

“I caused you to get stabbed, I caused you to get kidnapped and I nearly caused you to lose your life Aleyah.” He reasoned out with her, “I really don’t think I should stay around you. I’m like a jinx in your life. The only thing I brought you is harm.” With that said, his hand slowly let go of hers. As much as he loves her, he can’t bring himself to stay with her if it only brings her harm.

 

“So are you trying to say that whatever you’ve told me at the garage is nothing but a lie?” The girl’s eyes were slightly watery now.

 

“No it’s not. I really adore you in every way possible. The times where we spent at the balcony and practise room were really my happiest day. You light up my life everyday, bringing me joy and happiness. It’s like the moment I see you, a day’s worth of tiredness is gone. I love how you get jealous when I did the photoshoot with Krystal and I love how you would blush when I get close to you. But like what I’ve told MiRae, when you love someone you don’t hurt them. You want them to be safe so I can’t…”

 

“I loves you too Kai.” The girl cried as she choked out the words that she wanted to say. This sentence was nearly buried and carried to the grave with her so when it came out from her lips, she was relieved. “Who says you only bring me harm? You showed me how the simplest thing can be the most blissful thing whenever I’m with you. So please don’t think like that…” Her tears were falling from face and dripping onto the back of Kai’s hands.

 

“Please don’t cry…” He begged her but it just made her cry harder. Nearly losing her life made her realize how much she loves Kai. But right now the situation wasn’t something worth celebrating because it wasn’t something she had expected. She thought they would fall into each other’s arms and live happily ever after.

 

“Don’t cry… Please..” Kai cupped her face and wiped her face. But the girl still couldn’t stop crying. Her tears squeezed his heart and it made him feel weak and guilty. He gently kissed her forehead, down to the tip of her nose as he traced her tear stain to the corner of her lips. He thought he could stop there but he couldn’t pull away either. Slowly he pressed his lips on hers, tasting her sweet lips with his.

 

“I left my… “
 

“Hyung! Collect your wallet lat… .”

 

Baekhyun and Sehun stood at the ward’s door as the couple pulled away from another, Kai’s hands still on her slightly flushed face.

 

“I see..” Baekhyun choked out the last words before gathering his last strength to walk off from her ward…

 

 

I can hear some of you going, "finally that saesang is locked up!"

A long chapter to celebrate me winning the bid for my SL. (Yes I am very happy so I'm writing on every FF I'm updating today)

If you subscribe to all of my FFs, I updated all today! Including Locker 303 which was supposed to be on hiatus!

Hello to all my new subscribers! I look forward to your comments! ^^

Enjoy~~