chapter 14

She's My Manager.

 

Kris POV

 

Staring at this pale looking girl in front of me, I can’t help but to run my hands across her cheeks. Those cheeks used to be rosy were now colourless. She’s still in deep sleep as the machine keeps beeping in the background.

 

The scene of her pulling Kai away as a knife stabbed right into her kept replaying in my mind. I would very much rather it be me.. Somehow I’m hoping that I can be the one suffering instead of her.

 

“You need to wake up soon.” I whispered as I tuck her hands into the blanket.

 

“I promise to ask SM to let you go on a break if you wake up.. I will buy you nice food too..” I stared at her motionless face as I said it. All of us were being forced to go back to our dorm to rest by Taegoon Hyung as he stayed behind to look after her. However, I really couldn’t sleep.. the moment I closed my eyes the scene would appear right before me. Feeling exasperated, I came down to the hospital quietly to take over Taegoon Hyung without telling the rest.

 

“Baekhyun said you love to eat samgyupsal. I know of somewhere nice that sells nice samgyupsal.. Omo!” Just as I rant on and on, I saw her eyes fluttering.

 

“Aleyah.. are you awake? Aleyah!” I kept calling her. I’m sure I saw her eyes fluttered!!

 

“uhh…..” she mumbled as her eyes opened slowly. She’s awake!!!!

 

“You’re awake! I will get the doctor!!” I rushed out of her ward and the doctors and nurses came running in. She’s been unconscious for more than 10 hours after the operation.

 

“Her vital seems alright but she’s very weak. She needs more rest.” The doctor nagged as I waited outside the door. I couldn’t hear what the doctor said, all I wanted was to go in and see her.

 

“Aleyah! Gwenchana?!” I ran to her bedside as I sat beside her carefully.

 

“Uhh…” Her eyebrow furrowed as she tried to speak something.

 

“What are you trying to say?” I went nearer to her.

 

“K…Kai…..How….is…. he…” She spoke with much difficulty but one could hear Kai’s name being mentioned distinctively. Suddenly I felt my heart sank. The moment she opens her eyes, she’s asking for Kai.

 

“Kai is alright. Don’t worry.” I comforted her as I place my hands on her cold hands. However she didn’t seem to believe me, her eyes were scanning around the room looking for someone.

 

“Kai is back in the dorm. The rest of them are with him. Don’t worry.” I can’t help but replied bitterly.

 

“mmmm..” She replied as she smiled weakly, it was a sign of relief.

 

Kai POV

 

“Andweh!! Andwehhhh!” I sat up on my bed as I was drenched in sweat and my heart was racing. It was the same dream. A masked lady taking out a knife and stabbed right through Aleyah. I’m present at the scene yet I can’t move nor talk.. all I could do was watch how Aleyah fall and collapse in the pool of blood.

 

As I calmed myself down, I knew it was the same dream that has been haunting me since my fan tried to injure Aleyah. Yes, my fan. Looking around the room, curtains were drawn but Kyungsoo’s bed was empty. The house seems quiet too.

 

However, there was a note beside my bed.

 

Kai,

 

Aleyah is awake. Don’t worry, all of us will be with her by the time you see this note. We thought you needed some rest so we didn’t wake you up. There’s food in the kitchen. Heat it up yourself.

 

Suho.

 

Grabbing my hoodie that was nearest to me, I ran out of the house immediately. She’s awake.

 

Baekhyun POV

 

“and you know, Xiumin and Tao went like this.” Lay imitated them as the rest of them laughed heartily. I couldn’t laugh with them, my heart hurts.. it hurts me to see her like this. Even though she was smiling as she listened to Lay’s joke, her eyebrow was furrowed. I know it was due to the injury.

 

Why did this silly girl block it for Kai? It’s a matter of life and death! She could’ve just pushed Kai away and it will be fine isn’t it so? And how can Kai not know that someone is trying to injure him? That stupid .. did he do it on purpose?!

 

“Gwenchana?” Chanyeol put his arms around my shoulders as he mouthed silently. He knew something wasn’t right with me. However, I just shook my head and looked away. Nobody wants to bring the issue up, nobody wants to ask her what happened or why did she block it for Kai.

 

“Yeah. And duizhang was like….” Lay’s sentence was being interrupted.

 

“Oh. Kai? You’re here.” Kyungsoo broke the silence as Kai froze at the door the moment he came in.

 

“Come over here.” Sehun signaled him over but he didn’t move an inch. His eyes were fixed on her. However, I could feel my blood boiling as I watch him stare at her. All because of him, Aleyah is like this! He and his pranks!

 

Just as I stood up and approach Kai, Suho grabbed me by my arms.

 

“Let’s go for a drink guys. Kai can look after Aleyah.” He said as he dragged me out.

 

“Let them talk.” Suho whispered to me. “Things are not what you think it is”

 

 

 

Hello Subbies~

A build up chapter... yes, Aleyah is awake!

Anyway, what's the arrow and the number beside the arrow near the title of my FF? 

I didn't know that there was such a feature. Is it new?

Thanks for subscribing and commenting!

Please please do leave a comment! I would really love to read comments from everyone of you!