Chapter 7 – The Race Part 2

TOP SPEED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“AJ and his crew let the other crew go past through them… they’re planning something.” A boy mumbled when he heard about the latest updates of the race through his headphones.

 

“What do you mean Taemin?” A girl with a jet-black hair asked him with a worried face.

 

“AJ and his friend let the other crew to get the first position. They’re now on the second place. I think they sensed that Minho and Jjong are planning something. But don’t worry Krys, I’m sure Minho won’t let that American win.” Taemin assured her.

 

“Or else… he’ll lose you.” Taemin told himself, remembering the bet.

 

“Trust Minho, Krys.” A taller girl told Krystal.

 

“I trust him Ssul.”

 

 

Amber’s POV

 

Daniel: Be careful Amber. We have to predict their moves.

 

AJ: Got it bro. Unnie, any updates on the police?

 

Vic: Nothing yet. Just play cool until the last lap kids.

 

AJ & Daniel: Got it!

 

We drove coolly, keeping my eyes on Minho’s car while Daniel keep an eye on Jonghyun.

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

“Katie Pendleton, I like you and I’ll make you fall in love with me! I assure you that.” I declared in front of her with my eyes closed. I don’t know where I got the courage and guts to stand in front of her and her friends and confess to her like that.

 

“Jerk.” She said as they walk passed right through me.

 

“Woohoo! Didn’t expect you’ll really do that dude.” Daniel soon approached me, tapping my shoulder.

 

Too embarrassed with what happened, I ignored him and my friends, and walked out of the place as quick as possible.

 

----------------

 

“I’m not interested.” She frankly told me.

 

“Why? Because I’m a les?”

 

“I just don’t like guys like you… so will you please leave me alone? You’re annoying!”

 

“I’ll annoy you until I grow sick and tired of what I’m doing.”

 

“Please Amber… I already told you I’m not into people like you. You’re not my type, okay? I don’t want to give you any false hopes so please… LEAVE ME ALONE.”

 

---------------

 

“So you’ll just stop?” Daniel asked me. We were in an empty classroom, just sitting and talking about anything under the sun until he asked me about Katie.

 

“Yeah… I think it’s better like this than she ends up hating me.”

 

“But I thought you like her so much.”

 

“Yeah… Of course I like her so much, but I don’t want her to hate me.”

 

“Why don’t you just court her just like the other guys?”

 

“It’s not me… I want to be unique.”

 

“But you ARE unique!”

 

“Hahaha! Don’t tell me you like me bro?”

 

“Eww… even though you’re a girl, it’s still awkward to date you… ugh.. disgusting… It’s like dating my own brother.”

 

“Hahaha!!!”

 

“Now that’s better. Cheer up man… We haven’t seen you laugh and smile like before.”

 

---------------

 

“Dammit!” The guy whom I just beat angrily said as he kicked the wheel of his car.

 

“Nice one Am!” One of my friends told me as we high-fived.

 

“Thanks Phil.”

 

“You’re really the best when it comes to these things man.” He praised me. Soon, a group of girls approached me, wanting to take photos with me. Some even stole a kiss on my cheeks, leaving me dazed until a figure among the crowds caught my attention.

 

 

 

 

 

It’s her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter