Chapter 14 - A question and a challenge

TOP SPEED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 14

 

Soojung’s POV

 

“You look cute in your outfit today… but you look cuter because you’re wearing my favorite cap.” AJ complimented which made me blush.

 

It’s his favorite cap?

 

Did I just feel my heart jumped?

 

I was lost in my thoughts for what did just happen until my phone rang.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Soojung, where are you now?”

 

“I’m in the movie house unnie. Why?”

 

“I’m on my way home right now. I haven’t visited you guys for a while. Do you want me to drop by where you are right now and pick you up?”

 

I suddenly became excited when my unnie called me just to tell me that she’s going home. She’s already in college and is living in a dorm. She comes home from time to time, as long as her schedule allows her to. Without thinking any further, I told her my exact location and waited for her to arrive. In less than 10 minutes, I already saw her. I ran to her and hugged her tightly.

 

“I miss you unnie!”

 

“I miss you too Soojungie!”

 

I texted Sulli, telling her that I’ll be going home because of my sister. I also told them that they didn’t have to worry because she’s picking me up. After Sulli replied an ‘Okay,’ we went on our way back home. Unnie said she didn’t tell anything to our parents because she wants to surprise them. And she succeeded. My mom was so happy to see her, but dad… I know he’s happy too but he’s still a bit cold. He became like that when he discovered that unnie participates in underground racing too. He still didn’t want her to race because being the father, he’s worried for her. Unnie appreciates it, but she really likes it… She’s happy with it.

 

I was already in my room later that evening, lifting AJ’s cap as I stare at it.

 

“His favorite cap…” I mumbled.

 

I then heard a knock on the door and put down the cap on my bed. “Come in unnie. It’s open.”

 

Unnie slowly opened the door before smiling when she saw me lying down on the bed already.

 

“Hey…” She said as she sat down the edge of my bed beside me.

 

“Hey.”

 

“How should I start this…”

 

“Relax unnie. What do you want to tell me?”

 

“Minho… I heard about what happened. I was enraged the moment I heard about it but my friends stopped me from driving all the way here and kill that guy.”

 

“Relax unnie… You look more mad than me.”

 

“Who wouldn’t?! I’m your sister you know.”

 

“That’s why I love you!” I told her as I hugged her tightly. “Thanks for being my unnie.”

 

She lightly tapped my back as she comforted me. “No… I have to apologize because I wasn’t able to be there when you needed me the most.”

 

I shook my head. “Just being here right now is enough. I’m glad you came back, even if it’s just for a short time.”

 

Even though she wasn’t here to comfort me on those days because I know she was busy with her exams, right after the week of her tests, she called me. That day when she called me, I already calmed myself down.

 

“Do you still meet with him?” She asked me as she broke our hug. I shook my head again in response as I stared at my bedsheet.

 

“But I did see him a couple of days before. It’s not planned though.”

 

“And what about that AJ?”

 

I suddenly shot up my head when she mentioned his name. As expected, her face is expressionless.

 

“He’s been annoying me since that night he won the race… But he hasn’t been annoying me much lately.”

 

“Krystal Jung Soojung… Can you see yourself right now?” She asked me as she raised an eyebrow.

 

“W-What?”

 

“You calmly said that he’s been annoying you… and then your face suddenly became sad when you said that he hasn’t been annoying much lately.”

 

Did I really just do that? I mean…

 

“N-No… I mean… He really is annoying up to the point that I’m already immune to it.”

 

“Are you sure Jung Soojung?”

 

“Of course I am!” I defended. Wait… Why am I defending myself?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter