Chapter 44 – The capped drifter

TOP SPEED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Henry’s POV

 

“I heard you need a drifter.” I was surprised as I saw the girl standing behind Vic noona. I didn’t expect her to be here, nor volunteering herself as a drifter, if I got her message right.

 

“Yes, we do.” I answered her, still having my eyes on her.

 

“Then I think I can drift for your crew? That is if you let me.” She shyly trailed the last few words.

 

It’s not just me who’s surprised by her sudden appearance in our HQ, but Daniel and noona as well. As we’ve seen from the past challenge, she’s a really good drifter. Amber almost lost to her. After having some misunderstandings with our friend, she’s now standing right in front of us, offering to help us.

 

Jung Soojung. What has gotten into your head?

 

“Hyung?” Daniel tapped my shoulder to call my attention. Looking at his eyes, I know we all have to discuss about this. Noona, Daniel and I excused ourselves for a while to talk about if we’re going to let her in our crew.

 

“We badly need her skills in order to retain our place in this city.” Daniel stated.

 

“But don’t you think there’s something wrong that she suddenly showed up here, offering to ‘help’ us? I mean, why here? Why doesn’t she drive for her sister’s crew?” Vic noona reasoned out.

 

“This is going to be a gamble if ever we let her in. We all know her skills, but that doesn’t mean that she’ll really win the challenge. The challenger is a new crew trying to make a name for themselves by attacking our weakest point now that Amber’s gone.” I explained to them my thoughts.

 

“If Amber’s here, do you think she’ll let her in?” Daniel asked us.

 

“Honestly, I think she won’t.”

 

“Darn.”

 

“But as of now, we don’t have any other choice. We need her skills, so I’ve decided… We’re taking her in.”

 

“I hope you’ve made the right decision Henry.” Noona told me with her piercing eyes.

 

“I’m willing to take responsibility of whatever’s going to happen after this.” I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter