Chapter 29 – Little bits of light

TOP SPEED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 29 – Little bits of light

 

Jessica’s POV

 

No… This isn’t happening. I was just talking to her earlier. This is just a dream.

 

“Tell me you’re just kidding Yoong!” I said as I repeatedly shook her.

 

“U-Unnie… I’m not lying. It’s Taeyeon unnie on the phone just now.”

 

“Argh… That Kwon Yuri better be lying on that hospital bed right now or…” I mumbled as I dashed to my car only to be stopped by Yoona.

 

“Unnie… I’m driving this time. With your emotional and mental status right now, you’re not fit to drive, not unless you want to be on a hospital bed too. But I won’t allow that to happen.” Yoona told me as she grabbed the keys in my hand and sat on the driver’s seat.

 

I didn’t argue anymore and just stared out side the window as we made our way to the hospital.

 

When we got there, I saw Taeyeon and the rest of the gang waiting in front of the operating room.

 

“Jessica…” Tiffany stood up as soon as she noticed me and ran towards me. I hugged her tightly as I felt my tears escape my eyes. I felt her pat my back as she says, “It’s okay Jess… It’s okay… Everything’s going to be just fine. Yuri’s a strong girl right?” She asked as she broke the hug and wiped away my tears with her thumbs.

 

I nodded in response and hugged her again.

 

Three hours have passed and I’m still sitting in front of the OR with Yoona, Seohyun and Tiffany, while the others left for a moment to get something to eat. I was getting impatient until I saw the light in front turned off. I stood up and waited for the doctor to go out.

 

“How is she Doc?” I asked the doctor as soon as he got out of the room.

 

“She’s safe now. We were able to close all of her wounds and repaired her broken bones. We’ll be transferring her to her room now. In any minute, she’ll wake up after the effect of anesthesia goes off.”

 

“Oh thank God…”

 

----------------

 

We were waiting for Yuri to wake up when we hear a knock on the door. Seohyun opened it and saw two policemen trying to ask a bit about the accident, and also to inform us of what happened.

 

“According to the witnesses and to the surveillance camera, your friend’s car suddenly stopped in the intersection when a cat suddenly passed by. As she was about to go out of the intersection, a fast-moving van was approaching her. The traffic light was already on the green signal on that side of the road so the driver of the van was surprised when he saw your friend’s car in the middle.

 

“He suddenly stopped, but the truck behind him wasn’t able to hit the brakes in time and hit the van.”

 

After a series of question, the two police officers left us.

 

“Omo… Yuri’s finally awake!” Sooyoung informed us as soon as she noticed her slowly opened her eyes.

 

I held her hand and looked into her eyes that are slowly adjusting to the light. She looked at me as soon as she opened them widely.

 

“J-Jessica?”

 

“YURI!!!” I threw my arms around her as I was so happy to see her awake.

 

“AAAH! It hurts…” She said as she winced in pain.

 

I broke the hug and immediately apologized.

 

“Yah, careful Jess. Yuri’s already safe and yet you’re still up to kill her.” Sooyoung told me causing the rest of them laugh.

 

After a few conversations about what happened, Yuri told them that she’s tired and wants to rest for a while. Tae and the others suggested for them to just go back tomorrow to allow Yuri to rest.

 

I insisted to stay.

 

“You really don’t have to stay here Jess.” Yuri said as she closed her eyes after the gang left.

 

“NO! I’m going to stay here and keep watch of your here. I know how stubborn you are Kwon.”

 

“I know I’m stubborn and stupid, but not crazy enough to stand up in this hospital bed and get out of the hospital to race. I can’t even move my leg.” She explained as she opened her eyes and pointed to her braced leg.

 

“Aish… Just sleep!”

 

“Go home Jung Sooyeon…”

 

“SLEEP!”

 

She let out a sigh of defeat and just closed her eyes again to sleep.

 

“Babo…” I mumbled as I held her hand and rested my head on the edge of her bed.

 

 

 

 

Suzy’s POV

 

“Good afternoon class.” Our teacher Mr. Kang cheerfully greeted us as he entered the music room. “I hope you guys had a very good weekend.”

 

I instantly looked at Amber when he mentioned about the weekend. Ignoring about the lesson today, the things that happened this past weekend replayed in my mind.

 

I was surprised when Amber hugged me from behind and apologized to me. I was even more surprised when she asked me to wait for her… to give her time to learn to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter