Chapter 50 – New life

TOP SPEED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Are you sure about this, Soojung?” The older girl in her black Dodge Challenger asked the younger girl for the third time that night already.

 

The younger girl gave her a reassuring smile and nodded, “I’m sure Yuri-unnie. Just because I’m my unnie’s little sister, don’t go easy on me… because I won’t go easy on you.”

 

“You really are tough like your sister eh? Fine. But don’t go crying after I beat you Soojungie.” Yuri said before closing her window and focused on the road ahead of her.

 

“Soojungie, are you ready?” Tiffany, who volunteered to be in front to signal the start of the race, asked.

 

The sound of Soojung’s car’s engine blasting affirms that she’s more than ready. Yuri did the same when Tiffany looked at her. The girl then looked at the blonde girl on the roadside, who’s also standing with SNSD’s leader, Taeyeon, to inform them that she’s going to start the countdown. She raised her hands and as soon as she put them down, the two cars in front of her disappeared in a flash, leaving only the smokes from their mufflers. Soon, the quiet streets of Seoul has once again filled with the sound of the crying tires and blasting engines from the cars that are racing in the middle of the night.

 

“This is really interesting.” Taeyeon uttered as she her ice cream at ease.

 

“I was actually surprised when Soojung came in our garage and challenged Yul in a race.”

 

“Are you worried?”

 

“Not really. Whether my sister wins or loses tonight, she’ll still be able to learn a lot… especially from Yuri. That’s why she challenged her, not me.”

 

“Guess you’re so proud of your little sister now.” Tiffany said as she reached the side of the road where the two girls are talking.

 

“I’ve always been proud of her Tiff.”

 

Meanwhile, on the other side of the road, the other members of the group gathered around for a bet.

 

“Sunny bunny and I are going to bet 100,000 Won on Soojungie!” The tall Sooyoung said enthusiastically.

 

Hyoyeon then raised her hand and said, “I’ll bet 150,000 on Yuri.”

 

Seohyun and Yoona then looked at each other before saying in unison, “100,000 on Yuri unnie.”

 

“Yah! Why are you betting on my sister and Yuri?!” Jessica exclaimed as she heard the girls putting their bets on the two racers.

 

“Aish… Relax Sica. It’s just for fun. We’ll all benefit from it in the end anyway.” Sooyoung explained, imagining the amount of food she’ll be able to buy if she wins.

 

“But still…”

 

“150,000 on Soojungie.” Taeyeon said, not letting the blonde girl finish.

 

“Yah! Even you???”

 

“Ppany’s also with me.”

 

“Aish! I can’t understand you.” Jessica said as she puffed her cheeks out of disappointment. After heaving a deep sigh to calm her nerves, she just said, “Fine. Just do whatever you guys want. But if my sister wins, give her some credit.”

 

 

~~**~~**~~

 

Ever since Soojung stayed in Amber’s room in the HQ, she kept on reading some books and p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter