Chapter 21-22

TOP SPEED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 21 – Her plan

 

Amber’s POV

 

I was on my way home after class and I just finished changing to my comfortable clothes. I don’t know what came up to my mind, but maybe it’s what Soojung told me earlier that made my feet lead me to this train station again.

 

There are lots of people here as always but my eyes never failed to find her. Her back, her hair, and her face have been imprinted perfectly in my memory that I can find her easily. I kept my eyes on her and just observed her from afar. Her eyes… they look tired. Exams are upcoming anyway, so students have been busy studying their butts off. Hey, I’m studying too you know? But seriously… seeing her tired eyes makes me want to run to her and let her rest in my warm embrace.

 

Fight for you… Will you accept these feelings then? Are you going to forgive my lies?

 

My eyes never left her until I saw her safely got in their house. As I turned around to walk away and go home, I heard my phone beeped. I opened it to see that Soojung texted me.

 

Conscious of the content of the message, I opened it and was actually shocked when I read her message.

 

From: Princess Jung

Thanks for walking me home today… You can walk beside me you know?

 

 

 

 

She…

 

To: Princess Jung

How did you know…

 

From: Princess Jung

I felt it… and… did you forget that there are mirrors in the train station? ^___^

 

She… what? Felt my presence? I-I… I-Is it for real?

 

 

 

To: Princess Jung

-______- Okay… I’m just worried because I know you’re tired.

 

From: Princess Jung

Thanks for worrying. I’m tired but I’m fine now.

 

To: Princess Jung

That’s good to hear then. Rest… and eat well.

 

From: Princess Jung

Yes Dad… XP

 

My heart ached when I read her last message. I didn’t reply afterwards. I’m sorry… How am I going to start? Where should I start? Shall I confess to you first and then apologize because all this time, I’m lying to you because AJ and Amber are one person… and that I’m actually a girl?

 

It’s your fault for making things complicated Amber!

 

End of Amber’s POV

 

-----------

 

*SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH!*

 

Sounds of tire screeches as if they’re crying from the intense collision with the asphalt were heard in every time a certain girl pulls up the handbrake for a while, transferring the weight of the car forward, lifting the tail of the vehicle a bit so it’s easier to drift.

 

Every curve was passed cleanly as if an artist his brush on the canvass smoothly. To the younger girl inside, the sounds produced by the brakes are music to her ears. She missed doing this. Those times when she, and her sister hang out in that very racetrack as the older teaches her. Sooner, the older didn’t expect that her younger sister’s skills became better than her.

 

The sight of her younger sister made a certain Jung smirk as if she just made a great plan. The rest of the Jung’s friends were amazed with the younger Jung’s skills in drifting. They didn’t expect her to be up to that level. This made them think how did Jessica Jung taught the young Jung Soojung to be that good.

 

The ace driver and the leader of the group like what they’re seeing. They thought that a skillful drifter like her will be a good addition to their group and will make SNSD more known in the world of underground racing.

 

“It runs in the blood…” The ace driver said with a smirk.

 

The leader nodded in response, keeping a calm face, but if you’re going to look at her knuckles, you’ll see how tight she’s gripping her fist as she tries to hide the excitement.

 

“You’re getting excited baby.” A red haired girl whispered to the leader. She then proceeded to hold the latter’s hand, letting her to grip her hand instead of her very own hand.

 

Let us now go to a slightly tanned girl leaning forward on the railings. She’s amazed with the younger Jung’s skilled, and inside her, she’s proud to say that her loved one is the one who taught her. She can’t deny the worry in her though. She knows how Jessica Jung’s mind runs, and she’s worried with a certain dongsaeng she’s starting to get fond of.

 

“Amber… You have to prepare for this one.”

 

After the circuit’s done, the younger girl drove and stopped in front of her older sister. She got out of the car gracefully that if a guy sees her, he’d definitely fall head over heels for her in an instant.

 

“That was hot.” The tall SNSD girl mumbled as she eats the popcorn she’s been sharing with her girlfriend. Her vertically-challenged girlfriend on the other hand, raised an eyebrow when she heard the tall girl’s comment.

 

“I must agree that Soojung got out of the car made her look hot, but I hope you won’t forget a certain girlfriend of yours, who’s willing to stop supplying you your food.”

 

“Haha.. C’mon Sunny… If baby Jung’s hot… You’re radiantly, amazingly cute. You’re my sun!” She said as she gave the girl a short peck on the lips.

 

“Jessica unnie’s planning something, and I think it’s not just an ordinary plan. What do you think Seo?” The deery-eyed mechanic asked the girl beside her.

 

“Hasn’t she told you anything about the challenge against Ember HD yet?”

 

“You mean…”

 

“It’s just a guess Yoong… but come to think of it, her plan might be a bit harsh and scary, but is also fun and exciting.”

 

“Are you a saddist or something?”

 

Yes, all members of SNSD knew that AJ of Ember HD has something going on with the younger Jung. They know very well what happened on that night when Minho lost against AJ and losing Soojung. They’re SNSD anyway… They are one of the groups with the largest territory in Seoul, and large territory and fame mean lots of fans who are willing to video tape each races going around Seoul and give them reports even they don’t request for them.

 

About AJ being a girl… that is something that they didn’t know though. Jessica Jung may be rude at times but she has manners. She’s not in the right position to spill everything she knows about AJ, but since she likes her sister, and the fact that she’s lying to her sister, she won’t just sit around and watch. She will take some action.

 

“Prove to me and to Soojung yourself then… Amber Liu.”

 

 

 

 

Chapter 22 – Her misunderstanding

 

It is a chilly, dark night in a park in Gwangjin when four cars arrived. Each one of them got out of the car one by one. Each of them gathered in front of their cars as they look around the place.

 

The woman with long hair looked at her wristwatch to check the time.

 

“We arrived 2 minutes earlier.”

 

“Then we shall wait another two minutes then.” Henry said.

 

Soon before two minutes pass by, they heard the sounds of the engines of the cars coming from a specific direction. One by one, cars were revealed from the darkness of the night.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter