Chapter 35 – Christmas night with Mr. Bear

TOP SPEED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 35 – Christmas night with Mr. Bear

 

 

Have you ever heard of the saying that if you’re with a person you love as the clock strikes 12 on Christmas Eve; you’ll be with that person forever?

 

That certain legend by a TV commercial of a wristwatch was flashed on a TV store in Dongdaemun where Soojung, Luna and Sulli were doing their Christmas shopping.

 

“Aww… Don’t you find it sweet if you’re with Taemin on Christmas Eve Ssul, as the clock strikes 12?” Luna told the tall girl as she secretly daydream of that day with her dream guy too.

 

Sulli blushed out of embarrassment before replying, “Yah… W-We’re not really t-to-together unnie.”

 

“Mwoh? So you mean that guy still hasn’t confessed to you? I can’t believe him. Wait here, let me call that idiot.” Luna then pulled out her phone and was about to dial Taemin’s number when Sulli stopped her.

 

“No! Don’t do that unnie. It’s not that… we’re really sure that he likes me, right? I don’t want to assume anything.”

 

“C’mon Ssul, it’s obvious that he likes you, right Soojung?” Luna then asked the quiet girl, who’s just watching her two friends silently beside them.

 

Soojung only shrugged her shoulder as a response. Luna was about to whine with the younger girl’s reaction when the latter’s phone rang.

 

“Hello?”

 

“…”

 

“N-Not really.”

 

“…”

 

“Uhh… I-I’m not sure if my parents will allow me to…”

 

“…”

 

“W-What?!”

 

“…”

 

“Well, I guess I really can’t say no, can I?”

 

“…”

 

“Okay, I understand.”

 

“…”

 

“Okay, bye.”

 

After Soojung finished the conversation, Luna immediately stopped bothering Sulli and found her new target.

 

“Let me guess.” The girl said as she walked towards Minho as she held her chin with her hand, as if she’s thinking deeply. “Choi Minho asked you on a date.” The girl teasingly said.

 

“Well, how am I supposed to say no if he already asked my parents and Jessica about it?”

 

“He asked for their permission first?! Wow… Taemin must definitely learn from Minho.”

 

“Yah unnie!” Sulli reacted as she violently hit the older girl on her back, causing the latter to choke.

 

------------------

 

Krystal’s POV

 

Today is the 24th of December. Here I am, sitting in a fancy restaurant in Gangnam with Minho, waiting for our orders for lunch. If only he told me about his plans for today, I wouldn’t end up wearing just a simple blue dress and light makeup. I should’ve put more effort. I was flattered actually, when he told me that I look perfectly fine today.

 

The date is nothing really romantic and stuff, but is rather simple but still has that sweetness and thoughtfulness of a gentleman like him. He’s a good man. And seeing as how he matured now, he’s even manlier and let’s say… more lovable than before.

 

From that time he called me and asked me out, I knew right then and there the possible intentions that he have. He wouldn’t put out an effort to ask for my parents’ permission. He even asked my sister’s permission just for this day. Men wouldn’t do such things if they were not planning something by the end of the day. I sort of have an idea of what he’s thinking though, but I don’t want to think about it. As much as I can, I want to avoid thinking about it.

 

As expected, Minho definitely planned this whole day, as everything was prepared. He made the reservation in the restaurant. He also reserved tickets for a movie, and chose the perfect spot to see it in 3D. I wonder what’s in stall for the evening though.

 

It was already 7pm when the movie ended. We had dinner in a café, where he made another reservation. It’s really thoughtful of him to reserve a table that is a bit secluded from the crowd since I don’t really like too many people walking back and forth while I am sitting and having my coffee. It makes me dizzy.

 

We left the café at around 8pm and we drove off to Yongsan. It took us more than two hours to get to Banpo Bridge because of heavy traffic. Well, what more can you expect on a time like this?

 

We were sitting on one of the benches facing Banpo Bridge when he finally revealed his intentions. I guess I really can’t escape this time.

 

“I know it’s been a while since we broke up, but Soojung-ah…” He then turned his body to face me and held both of my hands in between us. “I… I still love you. I hope you could still give us a chance. Please give me another chance to prove my love to you. I promise I won’t hurt you again. I promise I’d be a better boyfriend this time.”

 

I looked at him intently in the eyes and saw nothing but pure honesty in every word that he told me.

 

If I go back to him, if I give him another chance… ‘us’ another chance… Will I be able to make my heart forget Amber?

 

But then, won’t I only end up hurting him? Won’t it be like, I’ll only use him as a rebound… or an escape so that I could forget my feelings for Amber? Because up ‘til now, I admit… I’m still in love with Amber. But I chose not to act on my feelings.

 

I heaved a deep sigh before withdrawing my hands. As I looked up to the busy Banpo Bridge, surrounded by the calm waters of Han River, I gave him an answer.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m sorry Minho.” I told him honestly.

 

He then turned his body once again and leaned his body on the back of the chair

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter