Chapter 48 – Off-road Part II

TOP SPEED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Sunggyu has been cautiously watching the race between Ember HD’s new driver and Dongwoo. The guy behind him named Myungsoo, who has also been observing their leader, noticed their leader’s rising anxiousness. He really has the tendency of underestimating his enemies, and tonight is one of the perfect examples. Another thing that is troubling Myungsoo is the guy’s short patience. He knows him very well, and he’s sure that he won’t easily let a girl win over him. His pride won’t allow it.

 

And these anxiousness, pride and impatience often lead him to make reckless tempestuous decisions.

 

 

 

 

 

The two drivers are fast approaching the end of the off-road track and Soojung is still on the lead. Though Dongwoo is keeping a close distance to the girl’s car, it wasn’t enough for Sunggyu. And as soon as they finally reached the paved road, Dongwoo dashed his way to overtake the car in front of him.

 

“Relax Soojung. Just keep a close distance on him.” Victoria said as she tried to ease the younger girl’s racing heartbeat. “You can do this, okay? Breathe in… breathe out. Focus on the road.”

 

Soojung did so, focusing her eyes on the road, piercing through the windshield of her car. She maintained her speed and managed to keep herself calm.

 

“There’ll be a sharp curve to the right, almost a U-turn, around 800m. Around 200m after that is a light left curve. Do you think you can overtake him?” Victoria said from the other line.

 

“I’ll try.”

 

“Okay, be careful.”

 

The young girl set her mind that she’s going to overtake the car in front of her. Calculating in advance the speed that she needed for that turn, she stepped on the gas harder, leaving Dongwoo’s car a few feet behind.

 

“You’re getting yourself into trouble…” Dongwoo smirked, as he knows that it was a very dangerous action. He just let the young girl overtake him, expecting that she’ll lose control of the car.

 

But then again, as the saying goes… Never underestimate your enemies.

 

Soojung immediately pulled the handbrakes as she approached the edge of the curve, transferring the weight of the car in front, keeping the traction in the front wheels as she let the rear wheels of the car brush through the sharp curve. It was a dangerous turn that the whole Ember HD crew held their breaths only to heave a deep sigh of relief, as the girl was able to surpass the tortuous bend.

 

Dongwoo was dumbfounded as well as Sunggyu as they both saw how the RX-7, despite almost losing it, was able to pass through the sharp curve.

 

“Impressive.” Myungsoo snickered as he put his arms across his chest.

 

Just as things are starting to get interesting for the audiences, Sunggyu is starting to lose patience. Grabbing the microphone from Hoya’s grasp, he radioed Dongwoo and said, “Leave the track after the left turn. We’re outta here.”

 

“W-What do you mean?” Dongwoo asked on the opposite line.

 

“You’re such a failur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter