Chapter 25 – Their past. Their present

TOP SPEED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As I was checking on my recent progress in this story, I realized that I made a grave mistake...

 

I FORGOT TO POST CHAPTER 22!!! So that's why I thought that something's off... (Remember my note in Chapter 23 where I said that I thought I already typed it? I typed and finished Chapter 22 but I forgot to post it TT______________TT

 

So if you guys won't mind going back to Chapter 22, I posted it after Chapter 21 (http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/176228/22/top-speed-amberliu-drama-kryber-krystaljung-shinee-yulsic-race)

 

Again, I apologize for this matter :(

------------------------------

 

Chapter 25 - Their past. Their present

 

 

“That’s it Amber, you’re doing great!” The person on the other line yelled.

 

It’s almost lunch and Amber’s already getting the hang of it. She started early on her drifting practice, impressing Shindong with her perseverance and dedication.

 

As Amber’s doing great with her drifting, Shindong can’t contain his happiness because for him, his creation finally found a new rightful owner. Beside him is her proud brother, who despite of being happy with his sister’s improvements, can’t help but worry with Amber’s upcoming challenge.

 

The worry in his eyes didn’t go unnoticed by Shindong and Victoria for they know him very well.

 

“Worried if shel’ll be able to beat Jessica?” Shindong asked.

 

“It’s still Jessica Jung we’re talking here. I know her… or rather… I knew her. I’m not so sure if she’s changed since the last time we’d been together.” Donghae responded.

 

“I was actually surprised when I discovered that Jessica is the older sister of Krystal. That kid… of all people that she could like, why Jessica’s sister?” Vic blurted out, still couldn’t believe with how thing turned out.

 

“Answer me honestly, do you still have feelings for her Hae?” Shindong asked him once again, this time in a serious tone.

 

Donghae wasn’t able to answer right away, because he was surprised with his friend’s question. Does he still have feelings for her?

 

“It’s been years since you guys broke up, and you had a proper closure of your relationsip. But honestly speaking Hae, we actually never thought that your relationship would end up just like that. Didn’t you regret anything?”

 

“I… *sigh* I don’t know. Our relationship… it’s like a candle. We were happy together. We shared a lot of things in common. But like a candle, the fire just started to flicker and soon died out. It was like an invisible wind blown up the flame without us noticing it, or maybe the wick that we thought is infinite, surprisingly ran out?

 

“Honestly, I saw her again after all these years. She’s became prettier I must say. The moment I saw her, there’s one thing I felt… awkwardness.”

 

“Awkward?” Shindong and Victoria asked in unison.

 

“I know it’s not supposed to be like that, but… I dunno. After the breakup, I’d be lyin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter