Chapter 55 – TOP SPEED: The Royal Rumble (Part 3)

TOP SPEED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yuri’s POV

 

Seeing GD and TOP oppas here along with Amber and Krystal somehow made me less anxious of the whole situation. I stared at the two guys’ direction for a while and realized that they’re also staring at somebody’s table. I tried to look around towards the direction where they’re looking at and was shocked to see Yunho and Changmin oppas staring intently back at them. The way they looked at each other, though with cautious, it’s obvious that they’re talking with their minds. Aish! C’mon, look at our direction too. We have to communicate and possibly build some sort of alliance with them. I’m sure that others from each table are already building some alliances so they can survive and get the prize money. I don’t care about the prize to be honest. It is indeed a large sum, but what’s more important is to get out of here as soon as possible. And being with those legends meant assurance that we’re going to land safe back in Korea.

 

I’ve been into underground racing since I was 10 years old. My cousin was one of the mechanics of a mediocre crew. Their group isn’t that big and famous but for them, as long as they’re having fun, everything’s going just fine. I got excited when he told me about underground racing and convinced him to take me to one. He kept on saying no to me of course, so I decided to sneak out and hide in the trunk of his car. And in the eyes of a 10-year-old kid, for the very first time, I was captivated by the adrenaline that racing gave me with just mere watching such flashy, fast cars. And that first race I watched was that one where the people call as a Grand Duel between Big Bang and Dong Bang Shin Ki. So when I grew up and got my first ever car for racing at 15, I went to one of Dong Bang Shin Ki’s headquarters and challenged one of them. The five crew members looked at each other first before they tried to suppress their laughter. I’m a girl, a kid, but they shouldn’t underestimate me. That’s what I thought. Their leader then walked towards me and smiled at me before patting my head and said, “I like your courage. Let’s get on the street and you better give it your best shot.” As expected, I lost. But I like how he understood the feeling of just being able to go against one of the best. It doesn’t matter whether you’re 10x weaker, but the fact that I enjoyed the race despite my loss didn’t stop me from aiming higher. I had fun. “It’s an honor to be racing with such brave young girl like you. Keep on racing and don’t forget to have fun. Enjoy the adrenaline and suspense of your youth.” Yunho oppa told me before driving off that night.

 

A week after that, I just heard that they went on their separate ways, and that Yunho oppa went to Japan to continue his studies. After that, I met Taeyeon and Hyoyeon in my new school, and there we decided to form an all-girls crew. A few months after we started our own crew, news spread that TOP of Big Bang went abroad. Months passed and Big Bang was suddenly MIA in the underground racing scene of Seoul.

 

I couldn’t believe that I will be able to see them again in one place, even though now all the members of their group. But I’m still glad and thankful that they’re here.

 

After minutes of staring at the two groups, finally, one of them looked in our direction.

 

Yunho oppa.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Amber’s POV

 

Later that night, Yuri and Jessica unnie decided to stay with us. Gladly, Taecyeon oppa and Tao didn’t go against it and told us that we’re now free to do whatever we want but they’re still going to keep an eye on us. The sisters were already fast asleep when Yuri stood up and told me to follow her silently.

 

It was eerily quiet when we got onto the deck. The place wasn’t adequately lit, but enough to see where you’re going. We sat on one of the benches and I observed how she fidgets and kept on looking on her wristwatch.

 

“What’s wrong Yul?” I curiously asked her.

 

“Shhh… Just wait here.”

 

We didn’t wait long until four men stood before us. Since it’s dark, it took me a while before recognizing two of them.

 

“GD oppa? TOP oppa?”

 

“Good to see you again, Amber.” GD oppa greeted me with a smile.

 

“Since you already know GD and TOP oppa, Amber, I’d like you to meet Yunho oppa and Changmin oppa. Oppas, this is Amber, half sister of Donghae.” Yuri introduced us.

 

The two guys looked at each other first before one of them spoke and offered his hand, “I’m Yunho. No wonder you’re Donghae’s sister. You two look alike.” He commented.

 

“Changmin. Shim Changmin. When I was at your age, I go by the name Max.” The t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter