Chapter 18 – Her Day

TOP SPEED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Amber’s POV

 

Dammit… I’m dead… I’m dead…

 

Jessica Jung’s face and her death glare…

 

“You’re dead AJ… Start saying your prayers.”

 

And her whispers…

 

They never left my mind the whole night.

 

What am I going to do?

 

As expected, I woke up looking like crap. Having no choice but to go to school, I prepared for the worst. For sure Soojung now knows the truth.

 

Just as I got in the classroom after having a nap on the rooftop and was surprised to see that Soojung isn’t in the classroom still. I saw Luna, Sulli and Taemin busy preparing something though.

 

I sat down and talked to Suzy who’s busy reading our notes from yesterday.

 

“Hey, what are those three doing?”

 

She gave me a perplexed look before replying, “Didn’t you know what day it is today?”

 

“Hm? Today is Friday.”

 

“That’s not what I mean.”

 

“Then what?” As soon as I asked her, Soojung walked in the room with a big smile on her face. The three then approached her as soon as she sat down her chair.

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOOJUNG!” They said in unison.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I-It’s her birthday today?

 

“Aww… Thanks guys… You really did all of these?”

 

“Yeah! We love you this much Soojung!” Luna told her as they grouped hug her.

 

“Thank you… You’re the best!” She told them while having tears on her eyes.

 

Soon after they hugged each other, the teacher walked in the classroom.

 

Damn… I don’t even know it’s her birthday today? Aish…

 

I kept on looking at her with my peripheral vision and she really is happy today. Isn’t she going to slap me? Hit me? Or is she planning something worse?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Is she secretly planning to kill me after class?

 

I was so anxious the whole day until lunch break came. She still hasn’t done anything to me. From what I’ve heard, they’re going to eat the cake and the food they prepared for her but the rooftop still isn’t a safe place because I might not be able to run away easily. I decided to climb on one of the trees in the garden and took a nap after eating my sandwich.

 

I was peacefully sleeping, confident that my hiding spot is safe from Soojung’s wrath, until I felt something hit me. I opened my eyes and saw… a ball of crumpled paper?

 

I looked down and to my horror, the ball of crumpled paper came from her. She then signaled me to go down the tree. I hesitated but she already saw me. I better pray while climbing down the tree.

 

When my foot finally landed on the ground, I faced her, prepared for her to slap me, or punch me on the face, or just stab me somewhere on my body, but she didn’t do anything but to smile at me.

 

“What are you doing up there?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I looked for you on the rooftop but I didn’t saw you there so I just went down here to have some time for myself after eating and laughing a lot with Ssul, Luna and Taemin.”

 

“H-How did you know that I’m here?”

 

“Hm? I didn’t know until I saw you. This my favorite tree because it’s the biggest one here. I was surprised to see a student when I lied down.”

 

 

“What’s with that face?”

 

“A-Aren’t you going to do anything to me?” I asked her like a scaredy cat.

 

“Do anything to you? What do you mean?”

 

“L-like… Hit me or something?”

 

She raised her brow for a while and then…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*SLAP*

 

 

 

 

 

She slapped my arm.

 

“You still haven’t greeted me a happy birthday…” She pouted.

 

This is what I like about being Amber… I was able to see the sweet side of her.

 

But, isn’t she really going to kill me?

 

“Aren’t you mad?”

 

“Huh? Of course I’m mad that you didn’t know that it’s my birthday today, did you?”

 

I nodded.

 

“But it can’t be helped I guess… since we never talked about it.”

 

“D-Didn’t your sister tell you something shocking?”

 

“Something shocking? Hmm… Nope. Why?”

 

“Oh… Nothing.”

 

It’s really weird. She didn’t tell her?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Does this mean that she’s planning something worse?

 

 

 

 

 

Oh my God… What did I get myself into?

 

 

“Hey, aren’t you going to greet me at least?”

 

“Huh? Oh, yeah… Happy birthday Jung Soojung!” I greeted her.

 

She then smiled at me and…

 

 

 

 

Threw her arms around me.

 

Oh my God… Jung Soojung is hugging me?!

 

I was frozen on the spot, not knowing what to do. I was so shocked with her action.

 

Ottoke? Ottoke? Ottoke?

 

She broke the hug and lied down the grass under the tree.

 

“I… I’m sorry…”

 

“Huh? Sorry for what?”

 

I’m sorry for lying to you.

 

“Oh, because I didn’t know that today is your birthday. I wasn’t prepared and I wasn’t able to even buy a gift for you.”

 

“Just as I told you, it’s fine. I really didn’t tell you anyway.”

 

“Ah! I know!” I exclaimed as I pulled out my wallet. I took out a pink amulet that my mom gave me when she went to Japan with my father. I handed it to Soojung. “My mom gave me that when she went to Japan with my Dad. She gave me two of these, one in blue and one in pink. It’s kinda embarrassing because one i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter