Chapter 39 – The legend vs. the current no. 1 [Part 2]

TOP SPEED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Amber suddenly felt nervous but excited when she saw TOP right in front of her. Is she afraid of him? No… She’d rather see it as excitement over the fact that she’ll be going against the “Legend” according to the people in Seoul.

 

And she was right. TOP challenged her on a duel –– a one-on-one canyon battle. The next thing that TOP told her was something she didn’t expect though.

 

“Oh yeah, just in case you don’t know yet. I’m TOP… or Choi Seunghyun... the half-brother Katie.”

 

Her eyes widened upon hearing the name of her past lover. She only knew that Katie has a half brother, but she hasn’t met him yet. A month before she’s supposed to finally meet him, the accident happened.

 

 

 

 

“You don’t have to do this Amber.” Henry told her. Her friends tried their hard to convince her backout, but she could not for she knows that TOP wanted something from her. The race that is going to happen tonight is not just an ordinary challenge. TOP’s eyes that moment when he introduced himself was somewhat telling her that if only she didn’t take Katie with her that night, he’d still be able to meet his half sister alive, not seeing her lifeless inside the coffin.

 

“I can’t, because it’s a battle between Choi Seunghyun and Amber J. Liu.” She stated before closing her window and drove towards the starting line. Indeed Henry, Daniel and Victoria didn’t understand her statement, but to GD who heard those words, it was full of meaning.

 

“Time to settle everything.” GD thought to himself.

 

 

------------

 

“I hope that Amber will be able to handle this challenge.” Henry mumbled.

 

“What do you mean?” Victoria asked him as she heard Henry’s statement.

 

Butting in the conversation was Daniel, who answered for Henry, “Because it is also a challenge like this, and at a weather like this… when Amber and her girlfriend that time met an accident, where only Amber survived.”

 

 

-----------

 

The people are waiting on the other side of the mountain, which was assigned as the finish line for the race of the night. From an empty roadside, the place suddenly turned into a picnic grounds for the curious people, fans and other racers while they wait for the outcome of the race. It can’t be helped, so is the fact that people will choose sides and bet on the racer that they think will win.

 

Aside from the people who are waiting at the finish line, some are courageous enough to climb the mountain as fast as they can. Others took their motorbikes; some used their mountain bikes; while there are some who just climbed by foot. In just a matter of minutes, the people already managed establish some points along the course with phones ready to update the people at the finish line about the race.

 

-----------

 

Going back to the main event, Amber was struggling. She’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter