Chapter 33 – Finally

TOP SPEED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 33 – Finally

 

It’s almost Christmas and people are already busy buying gifts for their loved ones. For people who have their special someone, Christmas is a time to enjoy and make memories with them. To others, it is also the season to be with your friends and family, have a feast and share the Christmas spirit in their hearts, exchanging gifts, having feasts, and just chill and enjoy the winter season. And for a certain Kwon Yuri, it is also the right time to do something that she wasn’t able to do before. Her injuries have been fully healed, but the doctor still suggested her to be careful in moving around. The bandage is still on her foot, but it didn’t stop her from her plan to, finally after years of hiding her feelings, she’ll confess them to that person who’s been residing in her heart ever since.

 

“Do you really think I should do this already Tae?” the nervous Yuri asked her ‘partner in crime.’

 

“If you’re not going to do it now, then when do you intend to?”

 

“I…”

 

“C’mon Yul, you’ve seen in your eyes and felt in your own heart that you’re important to Jessica.”

 

“Yes, but that doesn’t mean that I have a chance on her.” Yuri reasoned out.

 

“Aish… You can’t back out now Yul. Everything’s set up now. The stage has finally been set, and the only thing lacking now are the two of you.” Taeyeon convinced her.

 

Yuri was about to reason out again when they heard Taeyeon’s phone ringing, which the latter answered.

 

“Omo, they’re almost here!” Taeyeon informed excitedly. “Remember the plan?” She asked, in which Yuri only nodded in response since the info just made her more nervous than she already is.

 

----------------

 

“Hey Jess, I forgot something in my apartment. I’m on my way back. Is it okay if you go to the coffee shop first and just wait for me there?” Tiffany said by the phone as she was driving.

 

The blonde girl on the other line hesitated to answer at first, because it’s not the habit of her friend to forget something if it’s very important. But nonetheless, she shrugged her shoulders and said that she’s fine with it, and continued driving to her ‘bestfriend’s’ coffee shop.

 

When Jessica got there, she found it weird that the shop is open but there aren’t any cars parked, or customers going in and out of the place. As soon as she entered the coffee shop, she noticed that almost all of the tables were moved to the side, leaving a table for two in the center, which is well lit not by a candle but of a car’s headlight, lying on top of the table across the one on the center.

 

She crunched her eyebrows with the sudden confusion. Deep inside, her heart is now starting to beat in a fast pace. Her mind is now starting to deduce what’s happening and is now predicting what is abound to happen, but she didn’t want to believe that IT IS happening.

 

“I know it’s a bit weird that I used a headlight instead of a romantic candle-light.” A voice said, causing her to move her head to the direction where it came from. A limping girl on crutches was seen smiling awkwardly, or rather nervously, as she stepped closer toward the older girl.

 

“Yuri?” She mumbled, as the other girl was now standing right in front of her.

 

“Sica.” She said with a smile in return.

 

There was a brief moment of silence as their eyes started to do the talking.

 

“Uhh… Surprise?”

 

“You’re crazy.”

 

“I always am.”

 

“Idiot.”

 

“I know.”

 

The two exchanged words without leaving each other’s gaze. Somehow the blonde girl finally understood what’s happening, and finally accepted despite being so surreal, that it really is happening.

 

*DING*

 

“Ma’am, you’re order’s ready. Why don’t the two of you have a seat?”

 

“Hyoyeon?!” Sica uttered when she saw the waitress for the night.

 

“At your service.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter