Chapter 57 – TOP SPEED: The Royal Rumble (Part 5)

TOP SPEED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

On a small sofa in the middle of a small living room lie two people cuddled with each other engulfed by the warmth in each other’s arms under the blanket. The longhaired girl, who was spooned by the thin but strong arms, started to shuffle under the blanket and slowly opened her eyes. When her vision finally cleared, she was startled when she realized that her head was actually resting on Amber’s chest and that her arms were encircled on the other’s waist. Her face flushed red and she immediately jolted up only to lose balance and finally fell down the sofa. The thud made when her met the carpeted floor wasn’t so loud, but the sudden disappearance of the heat from Soojung made the other girl to wake up.

 

“Are you alright?” Amber asked while rubbing her eyes.

 

Soojung on the hand, has finally stood up while rubbing the part of her body that met the floor before answering the older girl. “Yeah… I think. Uhh… Sorry if I woke you up. I was just… eep!” She screeched as the older girl pulled her back onto the sofa and covered both their bodies with the blanket.

 

“A-Amber… I…”

 

“Sleep.” Amber said with her eyes closed.

 

“But…”

 

“Just sleep. I’m still sleepy so don’t wake me up not unless it’s important.” The older girl stated before she tightened her old on the other girl’s waist.

 

Still with a flushed face but now a shade darker, Soojung could feel her heart racing and to keep the older girl from feeling it, both of her hands were in front of her chest as she tried to look away from her face. It took her a couple of minutes before her tensed body relaxed in Amber’s arms, causing the latter to lessen her grip.

 

“Don’t you feel hurt or something from that fall?” The older girl mumbled.

 

“Not anymore.”

 

“Hmm… That’s good to hear.”

 

Now that both are more relaxed on the sofa, the shorthaired girl put on hand on the other’s back and lightly patted it as her other hand remained on her waist. With Soojung’s head on her chest, she rested her chin on the crown of her head before saying, “You know I love you, right?”

 

Soojung tensed up once again as she was surprised with the older girl’s sudden confession.

 

“I know I was supposed to give up long time ago before I go back to America, but you did something to me… You’re a witch… A beautiful witch, who casted a magic spell on me.”

 

“Yah! I’m not a witch.” Soojung retaliated.

 

“I love you…” Amber continued, obviously not caring on the younger girl’s reaction. She doesn’t need it for now. She just wanted to let it all out on the younger girl. She knew she should’ve made this way before they got kidnapped, but she was jealous. And she hated it.

 

“I know I should’ve told you this before but I was mad. I was jealous. I admit that.”

 

“I’m sorry.” Soojung was only left with no words but to apologize for making the other girl mad. She was only able to bury her face on her chest as she continued to mutter, “But it’s your fault too you know… for leaving just like that.”

 

“I know. And I’m sorry too. I just needed some time for myself to sort things out. But then, I came back with you having that… that… that… GUY! Ugh! His face pisses me off.” She said, earning a light chuckle from the younger girl. “Yah! It’s not funny.”

 

“Hmm… It’s cute. At least now you know how I felt when you’re getting all lovey-dovey and close with Suzy before.”

 

Amber only smiled in response, and though Soojung couldn’t see it, she felt it and she, herself smiled too. Somehow, she felt like this is a really good morning. She’s happy that at least they were now able to talk about the things that seemed to keep them from treating each other nicely. What bugs her now is the question that… What’ll happen next?

 

A few moments of silence and she already heard slight snores from the older girl.

 

“I love you too… Amber.” She whispered before she brought the hands that were on her chest around the older girl’s waist.

 

 

 

 

 

As the two girls went back to their sleep that morning, in the control center of the island, Jin Young was having is coffee as he’s looking at the statuses of each racers. When he saw two names, he immediately recognized them and smirked. At the same time, one of his men entered the room and whispered something in his ears causing him to let out a loud laugh. He then pushed something in his table and monitors around the room opened, revealing the faces of his ‘clients’.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, we’re now about to start the final race of this game. Prepare your bets and for your information, I’ve already sent each on of you the remaining racers in the island.” He informed them. Some who has been or knew about the underground racing in Korea quickly recognized such names and faces like Yunho and Max, and GD and TOP.

 

“Looks like this is going to be fun, Mr. Park.” One of them commented.

 

“Yes, you’re right. And we’re going to add in more fun.” H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter