Chapter 15 – The unexpected

TOP SPEED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Hmmm… So Nyuh Shi… Dae?” Daniel slowly uttered as he read the note. “The note said they wanted to meet us in one week. They say you better prepare Amb.”

 

“Did I just here So Nyuh Shi Dae?” Victoria unnie butted in.

 

“Yes unnie. Do you know them?” I asked her.

 

“SNSD as they’re called… They hold one of the largest territories here in Seoul because the main crew is composed of nine girls.”

 

“NINE GIRLS!?” Daniel and I exclaimed.

 

“SNSD owns the districts of Gangbuk, Dobong, Nowon, Jungnang, Gwangjin, Gangdong and Songpa.” Henry said once he got hold of the note.

 

“I’ll gather more information about them. Don’t worry too much guys. I’ll do my best to notify you. But all I know is that their leader… is called Taeyeon… KI’m Taeyeon. Their ace driver is called Hyo…” Vic unnie told us.

 

“We’ll take care of everything Amber. You don’t have to worry too much, okay? Just focus on your studies and maintaining your car. I forbid you to participate in any races for a week. As the note said, you have to prepare. I don’t want you to get injured, nor your car to get damaged.” Henry instructed me.

 

“I get it Henry. Don’t worry, I understand what you mean.”

 

“I know you do. You’re Amber Liu. Hahaha.” He said as he tapped my back.

 

I think one week is also good for AJ to take a break. Time to focus in school and Amber. I like being the real, normal me, but whenever I’m on the racetrack, on the road, inside my car, I feel like I become a different person. The only thing I don’t like about ‘Amber’ here in Korea is that… I can’t have the comfy AJ fashion style.

 

-----------------------

 

Ahhh… I really like the serene atmosphere of school at 6am. I slept on the rooftop again but only for a couple of minutes. I guess I’m neither that tired nor sleepy. I just decided to walk around the campus. But before that, I dropped by the cafeteria to buy a small box of milk to drink as I go around the campus. I went outside and explored the parking lot first. That’s where I saw a flashing white BMW M3.

 

G

 

“Who in the heck owns that car? It’s the first time that I’ve seen it.” I told myself as I hid myself in one of the trees.

 

The M3 is running fast since it’s still early so the parking lot is empty. I was surprised when it drifted 180°, but I was even more surprised when I saw who’s driving the car.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Soojung?!

 

After she came out of the car, another woman showed up.

 

“Nice one Soojung-ah. You’re really good at this. I knew you have a potential, but why don’t you want to continue it to racing?”

 

S-Soojung… can drive… and drift? Racing? What the…

 

“Unnie, you know that I just like drifting because it’s fun. I learned it because it’s exciting but not racing. It’s just not my thing. But do you really think I’m good enough now?”

 

Unnie? Soojung has a sister, and… she’s a racer!

 

“Ahuh.”

 

“Well I’ve got a very good teacher. Thanks unnie!”

 

“Hahaha! Of course! But you’re better than me now.”

 

I saw Soojung blushed from the woman’s comment. She then pulled her bag inside and put in on her shoulder.

 

“You’re turn to drive unnie. Be careful okay? Thanks for letting me drive again.”

 

“No problem sis. Have a good day.” Her unnie said before she gets in the driver’s seat and drove away.

 

What in the heck did I just see?

 

I came back to my senses and saw Soojung went into the lockers to change shoes. I ran towards her. I have to know what’s the meaning that thing I just saw.

 

“Hey there!”

 

“Oh, Amber… Early as usual eh?”

 

“Ah, yeah. Uhm… Soojung-ah… Can I ask you a question?”

 

“Yep, sure… What do you want to ask?”

 

“The car… didn’t know that you could drive.”

 

“Oh, you saw that? Oh my… Please don’t tell anyone about it okay? That’s the reason why I went to school early today. I don’t want people to know that I drive… and about my sister…”

 

“Why? You seem close to each other.”

 

“Well… we really are close. But you see… she’s also an underground racer. But our dad doesn’t like the idea of her driving like that. He’s so worried about her. For safety reasons too, ever since her group became big, she decided to live in their group’s territory. It’s also good since her school is located there.”

 

“Oh… I see… What’s the name of their group by the way?”

 

“Hmm… I forgot that you’re new here. Uhm… I’m not supposed to tell this but…” She paused as she looked around to check if there are other people around. She then leaned in closer to my ear and whispered, “So Nyuh Shi Dae.”

 

My eyes widened in shock, but I must not lose my focus that I’m Amber right now, not AJ.

 

“Ohhhh… Haven’t heard about them.” I lied.

 

“Yeah. Anyway, do you want to drop by the cafeteria to have some breakfast part 2?”

 

“That’s a good idea.”

 

Jung Soojung… You really are interesting.

 

------------------------

 

Soojung’s POV

 

After class…

 

“Hey Soojung, do you want to go to the karaoke with us?” Luna asked me.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Karaoke. It’s been a while since the last time we went out to sing together.”

 

“Oh, but…”

 

“Aish Soojung-ah. C’mon, we don’t have any assignments for tomorrow!” Taemin butted in.

 

“Hey guys, Amber and Suzy agreed to go with us!” S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter