Chapter 52 - Pushing away

TOP SPEED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Guess who’s the kid I met earlier and challenged me in the streets?” Daniel excitedly told the group, who obviously just got in the HQ as well. He was standing by the door then looked around and noticed that someone is missing. “Eh? Where’s Soojung?”

 

Upon mentioning her name, Amber’s eyes twitched and her knuckles balled up into a fist while hiding outside.

 

“Might be on a date with her boyfriend.” Amber thought to herself.

 

“She’s going to spend the night with her sister.” Victoria answered.

 

“Anyway, who’s that kid you met earlier you say?” Henry said as he brought back the topic earlier.

 

“Oh, yeah.. Well, that’s…” He trailed as he pulled the arm of Amber, dragging her inside the HQ and surprising the other two members. “It’s none other that this rascal.” He finally said as the girl was already inside the room.

 

“AMBER?!” The two uttered in surprise. And just like any other friends, they all hugged the short-haired girl tightly since they missed her so much. “You’re back!”

 

“Yeah… I’m back.” Amber repeated as she roamed her eyes around the HQ. Somehow, when her eyes set on a certain car, she felt a bit proud of how it improved so fast just like how its driver grew up to be such a strong and charming woman.

 

The group had a few drinks before they decided to call it a day and heat out to their own cribs. Amber on the other hand, being the most drunk in the group, chose to stay in the HQ and slept unconsciously to what used to be her bed. Though her mind is clouded with the effects of alcohol, she still managed to go underground and lied down the bed.

 

“Jung… Soojung.” She mumbled in her sleep as she hugged one of the pillows that the younger girl was using, leaving her scent in there.

 

“Love… you.”

 

------------------------------

 

Amber woke up with a headache with a bit acidic taste in her tongue lingered from last night. She looked at the clock and realized that it’s already lunchtime. Bearing the annoying headache, she managed to take a quick shower and somehow, the cold water lessened the pain in her head, but unfortunately, not the pain in her heart. After making the bed, she went upstairs and looked for something to eat. She was rummaging into the cupboards and was beyond happy when she saw a lot of stocks of foods in there.

 

“Looks like she’s really doing her job right.” Amber mumbled as she opened the lid of a cup noodles and waited for the water to boil. The place was nothing but a HQ and garage before she left. Now, it has its homely feeling in it, thanks to the younger girl who took effort in making the place more congenial and comfortable. Everything was in order, clean and neat.

 

“Tch… She’s all ready to take care of a home.” She mumbled with a sarcastic tone as she remembered the scene yesterday. “Too bad I’m not gonna be a part of that home.”

 

Amber chose to watch TV while eating her noodles. The warm soup made her headache feel better. She was busy slurping her noodles and was staring intently at the action movie that was showing in the movie channel when the door suddenly opened and revealed the longhaired girl, who has been living in the place for more than a year now.

 

As the girl froze on the spot, Amber slurped the last pieces of noodles and finally averted her gaze on the door as the sound of the latter closing echoed in the room.

 

“Ohh… I hope you won’t mind me rummaging into the kitchen. I was so h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter