Chapter 47 – Off-road Part I

TOP SPEED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Soojung’s POV

 

The day of the race finally came and I’m nervous as hell. I couldn’t focus in my classes so Sulli and Taemin covered up for me, saying that I’m having my period and was in pain. They told me to have a good rest since they also knew how I wasn’t able to have a decent sleep last night.

 

“Hey Soojung, are you okay?” I looked to the side of my car where Victoria unnie knocked on the window to wake me up from my trance.

 

Pulling down the window, I honestly told her, “I’m so nervous unnie.”

 

“You can do it, okay? The best mechanic checked up your car and your tires so you’re all good. You just have to focus.” She told me.

 

I was perplexed when she told me that, since I only saw Henry oppa and Daniel oppa checking up my car when I arrived later that evening.

 

Soon, cars and spectators started to gather around the venue. I sat still inside of the car and kept on taking deep breaths to relieve the tension that’s building up inside of my chest. I have to relax and focus on the course.

 

I then saw Henry oppa and the rest of the crew in front of my car, talking to a group of young guys, whom I supposed are the ones behind this challenge. Later on their talk, I noticed how Henry oppa gritted his teeth and his hands formed into knuckles, as Vic unnie held his shoulders. I then saw Daniel oppa looked at me through my windshield and somehow signaled me to step outside.

 

Picking up the cap that Amber gave me and put it on my head as if hiding my face, and putting on a facemask, I opened the door and stepped out of the car. I could hear gasps and mumbles from the people around as I slowly walked towards my crew and the challengers. As I neared them, I heard how the challenge was really changed to an off-road race.

 

“Well, well, well… Look what we have here… A girl drifter eh?” The guy who looks like the leader of the group said as he looked at me from head to toe. “Sweeeeet… Why don’t you show us your face?”

 

“No.” I answered sternly.

 

“Tss… Why? Because an ugly face is hiding in that mask?” He mocked.

 

“Hey, that’s not funny Sunggyu.” The guy standing behind h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter