Chapter 42 – Quitting?

TOP SPEED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“… Do you really hate me that much, huh? TELL ME!” The middle-aged man yelled as he tightened his grip on Donghae’s collar. His eyes are burning as if he wanted to kill the guy in front of him. A little bit more and he will lose his self-control. Thank God, a faint, weak voice was heard amidst the heavy atmosphere inside the room. The middle-aged man loosened his grip on Donghae as he looked at the direction of his daughter. The rest followed as they tried to observe the sleeping girl, who seems to be dreaming of something bad, or maybe she’s already starting to pain caused by her injuries.

 

Slowly, they watched her open her eyes and carefully roamed her eyes around the room.

 

“D-Dad?” She said in a weak voice.

 

“Amber…” The middle-aged man immediately walked beside the young girl and held on the sides of the bed, as he didn’t know where should he touch his daughter that she wouldn’t hurt.

 

“W-What are you doing here?”

 

“I flew right after my meeting in the US to Seoul as soon as I heard that you got into an accident. I already told you to quit racing. It will only cause you nothing but trouble. Look at you.” Amber’s father said, trying not to yell to his injured daughter as possible. Of course every parent should reprimand the wrong doings of their child. But he’s not an evil father. He sent Amber to a far away place, not to get rid of her because he hates her. He never hated her. He’s actually proud of her.

 

Before the accident back in the US, he’s proud of the skills of her daughter. But ever since that day that he almost lost her precious daughter, he’s always been afraid that one more accident like that, and he’ll totally lose her. He started to become anxious everytime Amber will go out using her car. He just realized that he’s slowly losing his patience, which was hard for him. He’s not a man of patience to start with. He just learned how to.

 

“I-I’m sorry.” She apologized without looking at her father’s eyes.

 

Heaving a deep sigh, after hearing her daughter’s apology, he quickly stated his plan, “I’m taking you back home. I’ll ask the doctors when can I have you transferred in a hospital in the US.”

 

“What?!” Henry, Daniel, Vic, and Donghae said at the same time. They didn’t expect Amber’s father’s plan. Amber, on the other hand, was surprised at first but she shifted her gaze on the ceiling above her.

 

“Do whatever you want.” Uninterested as it may seem, but that is how she stated those words.

 

“But what about Ember HD?” Daniel asked.

 

“From now on, I’m no longer a part of the crew.” They were all frozen at her words except for the father who was happy with Amber’s decision.

 

“But…” Daniel wanted to hear Amber’s reasons. He couldn’t accept it. He beli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter