Chapter 13 – Sudden Coldness

TOP SPEED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

*VROOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!*

 

It was past midnight on a weekend, and the streets of Ember HD’s territories were filled with cars racing on its streets.

 

On a certain part of Yongsan, Amber just won a challenge on a street. She dropped by a convenience store before going to her favorite place in Yongsan, the Banpo Bridge. After she parked her car, she grabbed her camera and walked around the place again. She kept on looking at the place’s beauty through her lenses until she saw a figure of two people, obviously that they’re lovers, but it seems like they’re arguing on something. She thought it’s somehow a good story put in a still photo so she took a photo of it. Curious, she walked a bit towards the two since she thought the girl’s silhouette looks familiar to her.

 

“Please Soojung, just give me a chance…”

 

Amber stopped on her tracks immediately and found a place where she could hide.

 

“Minho, I…”

 

“Please… I know that you still love me, and you know that I also love you still. My feelings for you are true. I know I was wrong when I let my arrogance get through me, but I’ve learned my lesson.”

 

“To be honest… I’m still hurt everytime I remember what you did. But you’re right, I still love you… but.”

 

Minho didn’t let Soojung finish her words and just threw his arms around her, hugging her tight.

 

“Thank you…”

 

Amber’s grip on her cam tightened as she heard what Soojung said. She was more hurt when she saw Minho hug her. It’s already too much for her to handle so all she just did is run away from the couple towards her car.

 

“I did my best for you to notice me. I guess… you did notice me… but it wasn’t enough for you to see me… to look at me.” Amber told herself as she wiped the tears on her eyes.

 

Going back to the couple, after Amber left, Soojung broke the hug without even returning it.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“I want to think about it Minho. I’m sorry.”

 

“What?! But you just told me you still love me?”

 

“I’m really sorry. I…”

 

“Is it because of him? Tell me… Is it because of AJ?”

 

“NO! I just… I just need time to think.”

 

“What else do you need to think about? Please… I need you.”

 

“I’m just afraid that if I go back to you, it’ll be the same again. You’ll still be racing and there’s a possibility that other people will see me again as a trophy. And…”

 

“I understand. I’ll wait for you. And when the time comes, I’ll challenge that Chinese-American again and win you over. This time, I’ll make sure I will win. After that, I promise… I’ll quit racing.”

 

Soojung was surprised with the guy’s words. He is now willing to give up something that he loved to do ever since he’s a kid. She was touched in all honesty.

 

-----------------------

 

Another weekday has passed but it’s the first time that AJ didn’t bother her. She didn’t bother about it until the annoying person didn’t show up for a week. She was wondering with what happened.

 

Back at school, Amber suddenly became quiet. She didn’t talk too much and kept on answering one or two words everytime she asks her a question. She also noticed how the girl’s smiles lessened. Her face suddenly became serious or sometimes, it’s just blank.

 

Weekend came again and this time, Soojung is on a mall with her friends. They were laughing around as they walk through the aisle of the building, going in and out of stores. To her, it’s a way to relax, to deviate her from two clashing rocks that have been confusing her lately. She felt so happy until they noticed a classmate.

 

“Suzy!” Sulli shouted. The girl heard it and turned around. She’s already happy but she felt happier and more excited when she saw them. They aren’t that close in school, but they’re still classmates. There are times that Suzy also hangs out with them in karaoke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter