Chapter 20 - Fight for her then

TOP SPEED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 20

 

Soojung’s POV

 

I pulled back my arms and continued staring at the ground, where I can see AJ’s shoes turn around to face me. He stepped back a bit and patted my head lightly.

 

“I’m glad you liked it Princess Jung.” He said before turning around again and walked towards his car. I looked up to him only to see his back slowly moving further. He opened the door of the driver’s seat of his car, and before he went inside, he told me, “Your servant shall take a leave now, for my purpose here was done. I’ll stay here until you get inside your house.” He said while still having a serious look in his face.

 

“Walk me up to the front of my house.” I told him. I saw him twitch his eyes a bit and hesitated.

 

Why are you hesitating AJ?

 

Without saying anything, he took a step back and closed the door and finally locked his car. He then picked up the empty box of the shoes he gave me before proceeding to get the slippers I was wearing earlier and put it inside. His face never changed a bit. Why is he so serious tonight? He’s so different from the usual cheerful AJ that I know. It’s like I’m seeing the serious face of Amber, if only he’ll have the same long hair as her.

 

“Let’s go?” I heard him say, making me get back to reality, as I was busy figuring out the seriousness he’s been showing me.

 

I started to walk towards the house as he walked beside me. The proximity between us isn’t that big or small, but just enough to make me feel like I’m having butterflies in my stomach.

 

Is he feeling the same? And if he does, what does it mean then? Does this mean I’m actually starting to like him? But what about Minho? If I’m starting to like AJ, does this mean I no longer love Minho? Oh stupid heart, please stop confusing me.

 

I know it’ll be just a short walk, but even though I walked in a slow pace, we’re already standing in front of the house. I turned to face him only to see him staring at my face, as if he’s memorizing every part of it. He then gave the box to me as he faintly smiled and bid me a goodnight. “Belated happy birthday too.” He said before turning around and started walking back to his car.

 

I went in the house and not long after, I saw my sister leaning her back on one of the pillars in the porch. She eyed me from head to toe and stared a bit on the shoes I’m wearing.

 

“If you like AJ, make sure that you already know everything about that person, or you might end up getting hurt.” She said before turning away and get inside the house.

 

What does she mean?

 

--------------------

 

The next day, everything seems normal except for the fact that Amber didn’t talk much to me, but I think it’s because she’s been busy talking to Suzy the whole day. On my way to the train station, I don’t know why, but I suddenly felt my heart beat fast as my eyes look for a certain person, anticipating that he’ll be here in any minute. Much to my dismay, I never saw him in the train station until the train came and I got out of the train station. As soon as I got out of the train station, I saw my sister outside her car, waiting for me.

 

“You’re finally here. Come with me.”

 

“Huh? Why?”

 

She smiled before opening the door to the driver’s seat. “It’s a surprise. C’mon, hop in.”

 

I got inside and she started driving. We stopped in their group’s main HQ and she led me inside. There I saw all of them smiling at me. Yoona unnie then walked towards me while holding a cake.

 

“Belated happy birthday Krys!” They all greeted me. I blew the candle and thanked them.

 

Taeyeon unnie then walked towards me and said, “Sorry that we only greeted you today, but it’s the only time that we could find to get together. Anyway, your sister and the rest of SNSD would like to give you a gift now that you’re 18.” She then stepped aside and saw the unnies uncovering…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

…a car?

 

My eyes widened with the sight. Is this for real? It’s an RX-7!!!

 

I looked at my sister and to each of other unnies’ faces, who are all smiling at me.

 

 “A-A car? B-but…”

 

“Your sister told us that you’re good at drifting, even better than her, who originally taught you the basics. Don’t worry too much. Your Hyo unnie won that as a prize to a race. She doesn’t need any more cars and as your sister saw that, she asked us if we’re willing to give it to you as a gift. We cleaned it to look as it is right now, but we still have to fix this one and set it up so it’ll be suitable for drifting.”

 

“Oh my God… THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!” I exclaimed excitedly as I hugged them one by one.

 

“So how do you want your new car to look like?” Hyo unnie asked me while holding a wrench.

 

The whole weekend was spent in fixing the car and giving it a new look. They didn’t let me see it as they were working on it. My sister never left the garage too, making sure will come out smoothly, especially the look. She said that the way she envisio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter