Chapter 43 – WANTED: Drifter

TOP SPEED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I thought you already talked to her?” GD asked the guy who’s reading a book in their HQ.

 

“Uhuh… I did.”

 

“Then why did Amber leave?”

 

“WHAT?! Amber left already?” The rest of the members exclaimed while TOP, remained calm, as if expecting the news of Amber leaving for the US.

 

“That kid’s going to come back. And when that time comes that she’ll be back in here, I know for sure that she’ll be able to beat all of us.”

 

“What did you tell her exactly?” GD asked again.

 

“That she can go back to the US, reassemble a car that could beat me, practice and come back here to beat all of us.”

 

“And how sure are you that she’s going to do all those stuffs that you told her?” Taeyang is the one who asked this time.

 

“It’s hard to quit racing, especially when you’re young. And besides, once a racer, always a racer.” TOP spoke before smirking with confidence.

 

------------------

 

Victoria’s POV

 

Amber left five days after her father’s arrival. In those five days, it’s obvious how Amber became such a great loss in the crew, not just because of a loss of a great driver, but a sudden leave of a good friend.

 

Everytime I go to their HQ to visit, all I see are Henry and Daniel sighing almost every five minutes. It was like there’s this empty space inside of the room, and that space became more obvious because of the absence of Amber’s car in its usual parking space.

 

It also hurts me to see Suzy at times. For almost a week, I remained by Suzy’s side. Before she left, Amber had a private talk to Suzy and apologized to her. Saying that she’s thankful for her love and affection, Amber was also sorry that she couldn’t return the younger girl’s feelings.

 

Donghae on the other hand, left for Europe. He said he would be there for half a year for a racing event. It’ll be just Henry and Daniel now in Ember HD. Well, I’m still willing to be their scout and mechanic, but they really need to have a new driver.

 

And they need it ASAP.

 

Two weeks after Amber left, Henry and Daniel kept on receiving challenges. Keeping their territory is had now that there’s only the two of them. It’s been so hard for them, but they have to keep themselves together. They can’t lose.

 

“I don’t want people to think that we only got this far because of Amber.” Daniel once said while we were talking in the living room of the headquarters.

 

“Don’t be like that Daniel. You’re a good driver too. You know that though Amber really contributed a lot, we still helped her in some races right?” Henry comforted the younger guy. “Now that it’s just the two of us, and the help of noona, we have to work harder in keeping our territories together. Though we might lose some, which as much as I don’t want to happen, we have to keep some for us.”

 

“Enough of this talking boys.” I cut them. I just don’t want them to get more depressed from the situation. I was about to say something again when we heard the doorbell rang. I stood up and opened the door only to see a note on the doormat. I picked it up and brought inside to show them.

 

Henry got the note and unfo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter