Chapter 41 – The raging visitor

TOP SPEED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Soojung’s POV

 

Since visiting hours has already passed by the time I was admitted, my sister and Yuri unnie didn’t stay long in the hospital. As soon as my sister made sure that I’m alright, and Yuri unnie was sure that Amber was safe, they both went home to have some rest. They assured me that they’d come back a few hours after to take me out of the hospital.

 

It was already dawn when they left. And since I just woke up, I found it difficult to sleep. Unnie told me earlier that it was just my anemia acting up again that’s why I lost consciousness, and the doctor only suggested me to have some ample rest for tonight. Getting bored inside my room, an idea popped out from my head. I walked out of my room and went to the nearest nurse’s station. After introducing that I’m also patient, I asked them where I could find the ICU.

 

It didn’t take long for me to find where Amber was. After a couple of light knocks on the door, I slowly opened it and saw that there’s nobody inside. I quietly made my way beside her, who has her eyes closed. My chest felt heavy as soon as I saw her. It was a horrible sight to see someone you love so much to be in such state. I sat down on the stool next to her bed and wiped the tears that are escaping from my eyes before holding her cold hand with my two hands, hoping to somehow warm them up.

 

I reached for a few strands of her hair that were on her face, pushing them aside carefully as my fingers gently caressed her face.

 

“You look like a panda with this blackeye on your left eye.” I jokingly mumbled as I lightly touched it, as if I could heal those with my very own hands.

 

“If only I could, I would heal those wounds of yours. I don’t want you to hurt anymore.”

 

Sitting right next to her like this made me realize how much I missed her.

 

“Do we really have to wait for something like this to happen just so we can be this close again?”

 

I softly caressed her still fresh wounds with my fingers as I imagine how much pain she felt because of them. I don’t want them there because they’ll only hurt her. I then gently put my palm against her chest and closed my eyes to feel her serene breathing before whispering, “I miss you so much, Am.”

 

I opened my eyes and put my index finger against my lips before putting it onto her lips, in which her lower lip was swollen because of a cut.

 

End of Soojung’s POV

 

 

 

She took a glance for one last time on Amber’s face before she finally left the room. Staying inside longer would be too much for her heart to bear. She quickly walked back to her room while trying hard to hold back her tears, and as soon as she shut the door to her hospital room, her tears burst out from her eyes. She just let them pour out of her eyes as her resistance crumpled. She weakly sat down against the door and found comfort by hugging her knees.

 

-------

 

Jessica wasn’t able to sleep much as with Yuri. As soon as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter