Chapter 62 - I belong here

TOP SPEED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri’s POV

 

Amber stood frozen on the floor, shocked with Soojung’s hard slap on her face.

 

What are you doing standing there Amber? Move your feet. Run after her and explain yourself.

 

After a what seems like hours, but was only a few seconds, Amber finally woke up from her trance and ran after Soojung. Good luck to you Amber. Go get her.

 

I turned around and saw my Sica glaring at the direction to where her sister and Amber went. I smiled at the cute scene in front of me before I cupped her face with my hands and turned her face so that she’s facing me. I then pushed her cheeks with my palms so that her lips will slightly protrude before I planted a quick peck on them.

 

“You’re so cute when you have that don’t-mess-with-my-sister face.” I told her before wrapping my arms around her. “Amber… she’s serious about her proposal.”

 

“You think I don’t know that?” She answered before returning her hug. “But I’m afraid Yul… What if… What if Soojung agrees to go with her to the US?”

 

I knew it. I love this strong bond between these sisters. Though they don’t live in one roof anymore, they have this invisible blood connection through their veins.

 

“Soojung… She’s been like a real sister to me, and I surely will miss her if ever that happens. But I don’t have any rights to run her life for her and neither do you because you have your own life to live too and so am I. I know it’ll be hard for you, but hey, I’m still here. I won’t leave you. And besides, for sure Soojung will always find time to visit us because after all, she’s still so attached to you as much as you are to her.

 

“And I know that you’ll hate Amber because of taking her away from you.”

 

“I really hate that llama-faced dork.”

 

“Amber… We both know that there are still a lot of racers in Seoul, who don’t like the idea that some of the districts are controlled by a foreigner. A stranger, that is what she is, and because of that, it’ll be hard for her to take something or in her situation, someone, with her once she returns to where she came from.

 

“To tell you honestly, she’s been thinking about this a lot ever since she came back.” I confessed to her.

 

Jessica pulled away from the hug and looked at me intently. “You always talk to her?”

 

Her jealous tone made me chuckle a bit before answering, “Because as much as she wants to talk to Soojung’s sister, she’s so afraid of her so she always end up asking me instead.”

 

“She’s afraid of me? Tch… That’s good to know. At least I know that she knows what will happen to her if she hurt my sister.”

 

 

 

 

Amber’s POV

 

I ran as fast I could before I finally caught up with Soojung and was able to hold her wrist only to be swatted away violently. So instead, I brought my arms around her tiny waist and held her tight. She struggled to get away from my hold, hitting me here and there. And man, some will leave some bruises for sure. I know she’s crying too, and it hurts me that we have to be in this situation.

 

She soon got tired of fighting, finally giving me a chance to hold her hand and bring her in our room.

 

As soon as we got in, she walked straight towards the bed without a word and lied down on her side, her back facing me. I followed suit, lying down on my back, my hands under my head, as I stare at the ceiling.

 

“I’m sorry that I didn’t tell you. Well more like, sorry because I haven’t told you anything about it yet. I have been thinking about this ever since I got back though I still don’t know yet that time that we really are going to be together. I convinced my father to let me stay here for a year to settle down some matters with the crew, and well, try to settle things down with you too.

 

“I’m a foreigner. And ever since I started racing here, the people always made me feel like I don’t belong here. I never did. I was here because my father thought it’d be better if I’ll be in a different environment, away from the underground racing in the US. I had some troubles coping up and adjusting to my new environment and I don’t really have any plans of staying here for so long. But then you came in and knocked me off of my feet.

 

“When I’m with you, I feel like I finally found some sense of belongingness… I like it when you’re with me. Actually no, scratch that. I LOVE it when you’re with me.”

 

I paused and turned my head to the side, disappointing myself with this monologue I’m having without any clues if she’s still listening to me or she’s already fallen asleep.

 

“And as I’ve told you earlier, at the end of the day, in the eyes of the people of underground racing in Seoul, I am still nothing but a stranger who doesn’t deserve to own anything, but then fine, I’m fine with it. I just wanted to race. I love the speed. But I can’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter