08

The Moment I Saw You

 

~*~

After we were all stuffed with food everyone was back the kitchen again, setting their plates into the sink and refilling drinks.

“So how come you guys stayed in here?” Lay said as he turned the hot tap on and rinsed off everyone’s plates thoughtfully.

“It would’ve been too crowded in the living room if we sat in there,” I answered, since Lu Han was too busy telling everyone what to do with the leftovers.

“Fair enough,” Lay shrugged and returned to the dishes.

“Oh, by the way guys Kai is bringing Kris and Chanyeol over,” I told everyone and no one.

“Okay!” Chen answered happily as he put the leftovers in the fridge.

“Cool,” Su Ho answered, seemingly indifferent about it, as he dried off the plates Lay was washing.

Tao just cleared his throat and slipped out the room quietly, but I don’t think anyone noticed but me.

“Chanyeol? Did you say Chanyeol?” Baekhyun suddenly appeared next to me making me jump.

“Yeah...what did you think I said?” I blinked at him, but he ignored me.

“Chanyeol’s coming over? When?”

“Er...Soon?” I answered, kind of unsure.

“How long is ‘soon’?” he pressed on, looking kind of anxious.

“Now,” Lu Han intervened, just before the doorbell rang. Seriously, how does he do that?

Chen ran into the hall enthusiastically, and we just followed normally. By the time we had got to the hall the front door had already been swung open.

“Chan!”

“Chen!”

Chen and Chanyeol did a dramatic running hug at each other as if they had been reunited after a long time, when in fact it was only a day or two ago, it’s just one of those jokes they always do.

“Why did you ring the doorbell? Did you forget your keys again?” Lu Han asked Kai as he hustled everyone into the living room.

“No, Kris just wanted to ring the doorbell,” Kai grinned.

Lu Han rolled his eyes.

“It’s fun okay?!” Kris chuckled as he ducked down slightly so he could get into the living room without hitting his head.

Kris went over and sat next to Tao, who was already sitting on the couch. Tao seemed to tense up the moment Kris sat down.

“Hey, Zi Tao~” Kris smirked at him. Tao sent him a cold glare, I’ve actually never seen him glare at someone like that.

“Awh, don’t look at me like that,” Kris pouted as he put his arm around Tao’s shoulders in a friendly manner. There seemed to be someone awkward between them recently, but once again, I think I was the only one who noticed this...

~*~