12

The Moment I Saw You

 

~*~

“Morning!”

“Good morning Kai.”

“Good book last night?”

“Yeah,” Lu Han replied casually, sitting down next to Kai, whilst I choked on my cereal.

“What was it about?” Kai snickered.

“Oh you know...stuff,” Lu Han blushed as I gawped at them. Again.

“What kind of stuff?” Kai said nudging him and winking.

Oh bloody hell. I really don’t need this in the morning.

“So were Baekhyun and Chanyeol alright?” I asked quickly changing the subject. When I first woke up the first thing that came to mind was the odd argument that we heard yesterday, and I couldn’t help but feel kind of worried about them.

“Uh, I didn’t really see them, they just kind of left without telling anyone...” Kai told me.

“That’s weird...” Lu Han looked concerned, “I wonder if they’re okay...”

“They’re probably fine!” Kai waved it off before changing the subject and started talking about a really ugly coat he saw...or something like that.

...

“Is Tao up yet?”

 “Yeah he’s right behind you,” Kai waved cutely, presumably at Tao.

“What the-”

“...morning.” Tao greeted us quietly.

“Good morning Tao! Nice sleep?” Lu Han chirped.

“Uh...yeah,” he answered, then he pointed to the carton of orange juice on the table.

“You want the orange juice?” Lu Han said kindly and he passed it to him.

“...thank you.” Tao said, then he poured a glass and walked in the direction of his room again.

“I think that’s the most he’s ever spoken in the morning,” Kai said in awe. Lu Han laughed and they started chatting about random things. Until I realised something.

“Um, guys...” I said trying to get their attention.

“Is Chen up yet?”Lu Han asked as poured himself more cereal, oblivious that I actually said anything.

“Are you kidding? He’ll probably wake up in the afternoon,” Kai laughed.

“Guys!” I tried again...come on! Listen to me!

“What?!” Kai turned to me suddenly deciding to notice that I said something.

“Tao doesn’t like orange juice.”

“Oh yeah...then why-” Kai frowned and looked in the direction of the bedrooms.

“Se Hun aren’t you going to answer your phone?” Lu Han said as he took a sip of his glass of tropical juice.

“What? But it’s not-” I started before I was cut off by my phone ringing loudly. I sighed and picked it up.

“Hello?”

“Hey Se Hun, it’s Xiu Min...”said the voice at the other end quietly.

“Is everything alright?” I asked as I put the phone on speaker so Lu Han and Kai could hear too.

“Uhh...no...not really. Was Baekhyun with you guys yesterday?”

“Yeah but then he left. Why?” I said worriedly. Lu Han and Kai were looking at the phone intently, probably thinking about what we heard yesterday.

“Because he’s apparently been sitting outside our apartment all night...and he’s refusing to tell us what’s wrong. Uh, and Chanyeol won’t let us let him in.”

“What?!”

~*~