51

The Moment I Saw You

 

I wanted to wait until I had a few more chapters ready to update at the same time...but you guys have waited long enough! So you may have this chapter. \o/

Sorry if there are any grammar/punctuation mistakes I'm reading it over later~

~*~

“Welcome home Sehun!”

“Woo!”

“Welcome back!”

“Whoa!” I laughed as I gazed at the colourful banner they had draped from  the ceiling reading ‘Welcome home, Sehun! I turned to my friends who were here, grinning at me amidst the hanging balloons.

“I’ve only been gone for a week or two,” I smiled as Lu Han held onto me and helped me through to the living room - relieving me a little bit from my crutches.

“Great excuse for a party though right?” Chanyeol whooped as he sent some streamers flying through the air with a loud pop. Followed by frantic hands trying to catch the little swirls of paper before they fell on the food which they had cramped onto the coffee table.

“What’s this?” I asked as I sat into my usual armchair and gestured to the food.

“Well we haven’t had Chinese for a while...” Suho answered, trailing off at the end. I heard Kris mutter ‘I have’ then saw Tao elbow him hard in the stomach in embarrassment.

“A lot of things have been going on I guess...” I answered quietly.

“Yeah...” mumbled various people around the room. Chanyeol sat down and smiled at Baekhyun; Kris  looked thoughtful as he draped his arm over Tao’s shoulders; Suho bit his lip.

“Anyway, we got your favourites!” Lay smiled pointed to the various dishes.

“Did Lu Han make it?” I asked seriously.

“No...” They all blinked at me in confusion.

“Then it isn’t my favourite,” I grinned as I sat back and crossed my arms. Lu Han laughed and covered his face with his hands shyly. Everyone looked dumbfounded for a moment.

“Ew, you’re so soppy,” Lay chuckled as he sent a pillow hurling in my direction, narrowly missing me, “You’ve changed a lot. Since you guys started dating, mean.”

“Yeah, you're not so much of a brat now.”

“Thanks, Kris,” I replied sarcastically as Tao elbowed him once again.

Then I noticed that not all my friends were there.

“So where are Kyungsoo and Kai?”I asked. Suho tensed a little.

“They went out to get something ,” Chanyeol said through a mouthful of bread he helped himself to.

Suho looked at his watch and stood up abruptly.

“I’m sorry Sehun but I have to go...”

I glanced at Lu Han for a second and we shared the same look. I had told Lu Han what had happened  in the car before the crash and in particular, a certain subject that seemed to make Suho uncomfortable.

“Aw, Suho do you ha-” Lay started.

“It’s alright! I'll see you soon, okay?” I smiled at Suho. He smiled back but something was definitely off. So we all chatted and bickered as he walked to the front door, and I would have gotten up and saw him off if it wasn’t for my injury of course. So everyone stayed with me as he let himself out...but when he opened the door to go someone was already there. Two people. Holding hands.

“Oh, Suho I was just about to open the door! Wait- are you leaving?” Kai blinked. Suho glanced at their joined hands, took a look back at us then sighed to himself.

“Yeah I-...Yes.”

Kyungsoo shot Suho a strange expression. Strange because as observant and good at expression-reading as I am...I just couldn’t make out what it meant. It looked sad and accusing but...confused and blank. Something I’ve never seen Kyungsoo look at someone like. Within an instant Suho had slipped past the couple and started down the stairs and Kyungsoo’s expression had returned to normal happy-if-slightly-lost one. Kai was oblivious as usual.

After that the ‘party’ went smoothly and was actually quite fun and no one seemed to mind Suho absence. I was on my crutches in the kitchen with a few others though when Lu Han came up behind me suddenly and looked around to make sure no one was near.

“I’ve just found out something interesting,” Lu Han whispered, his warm breath blowing against the back of my ear, “I’ll tell you later so don’t go to sleep before me.”

“I wouldn’t be able to anyway, I can’t unchange myself,” I said gesturing to the huge casts encasing my arm and leg.

“I’d love to undress you, Sehun. Thank you for asking,” Lu Han said casually.

“You two are seriously weird,” Kai spluttered as he walked passed us sipping orange juice from a pink crazy straw.

~*~