42

The Moment I Saw You

 

~*~

“You always get the same...” Lu Han blinked as he stared at the usual chocolate-flavoured bubble tea sat neatly in front of me.

“I like this flavour,” I smiled innocently and I took a generous sip from the straw, feeling the refreshing drink ooze into my mouth. Chocolate bubble tea really is the best thing ever. Next to Lu Han, of course.

 “Mmmm...” I hummed as I drank it.

Lu Han rolled his eyes and pinched my thigh lightly. Then he turned to Kyungsoo, who was sat opposite us looking like someone had just died.

...

Er- I hope someone hasn’t died.

“Um, you don’t look so good Kyungsoo...are you okay?” Lu Han asked. Kyungsoo rested his forehead on the table and groaned pitifully.

“I...I can talk to you guys in confidence, right?” Kyungsoo mumbled into the table. I couldn’t make out what he said so I was going to ask him to repeat it since I was pretty sure Kyungsoo didn’t just ask us to build him a fence, but Lu Han must’ve heard him properly so he shushed me.

“Of course, you can trust us,” Lu Han answered kindly.

After a few more sips of bubble tea in silence (Lu Han had chosen a Taro one) Lu Han decided to speak again.

 “So what did you want to talk about?”

Lu Han bit on his lip awkwardly and threw me a side-glance and I returned his concerned expression.

Kyungsoo finally looked up at us.

“Well...” our friend began shyly, “It’s just...”

Silence. Again.

“Just...?” Lu Han urged.

“It’s him.” Kyungsoo sighed.

The silence that followed was getting ridiculous. So I decided to speak.

“Who?” I asked, and then I riskily took a first guess, “Kai?”

Kyungsoo scoffed and rested his face in his hands. I was about 98.2% sure that my guess was right.

“Every time I see him he get’s closer and closer...”

“To...you?”

“Yes. To me!” he cried out in frustration. I noted this down in my head.

“Mentally or physically?” I asked pretty professionally as Lu Han sipped on his drink.

“Both. What are you? An interrogator?!” he snapped at me suddenly.

“What are we? You’re psychiatrists?!” I answered in annoyance. I was trying to help.

“...Fair enough.” He grumbled.

“So don’t you like Kai?” Lu Han butted in before I could answer back.

“I just...” Kyungsoo sighed again and ran his fingers through his short hair, “I don’t understand what you mean.”

Lu Han frowned.

“What don’t you understand?” I asked, confused, “Do you like him or what?”

“I-” Kyungsoo paused suddenly, but I didn’t take much notice of that since Lu Han had pulled my bubble tea towards him.

“A little-” I whined quietly, “Only have a li-”

“I’m only tasting it, shhh,” Lu Han hushed me as he drank basically half of my drink. I painfully diverted my attention from my stolen bubble tea and back to Kyungsoo who was now looking over my shoulder with a really strange surprised expression. I followed where his wide eyes were looking and saw a familiar figure standing at the other side of the shop ordering something from the counter.

A familiar figure with tanned skin and dark tousled hair.

A familiar figure that just happens to lives in our apartment and have a strange obsession for orange juice.

“Speak of the devil...” I mumbled as Lu Han turned and followed my gaze too.

“...and he shall arrive.”

~*~

I can't believe this fic has been featured! WOW!

Thank you all so much for the comments and subscribing!

I hope you like this chapter. ^^;