29

The Moment I Saw You

~*~

A loud thud woke me up suddenly from my sleep and I blinked sleepily into the dark room that was still slightly lit by the moonlight streaming in through the curtains. A warmth clutched against my side and I groggily recalled Lu Han shuffling into my bed before I drifted off to sleep for the night.

I lay on my back and listened out, senses surprisingly alert considering I was fast asleep a few moments ago.

Thud-

That was definitely something from the hallway, not as loud as before but still audible. A thought flashed across my mind that someone may have broken in and I frowned and looked quickly over towards the door as I wrapped my arms protectively around Lu Han’s sleeping form, thankfully though, we locked the bedroom door. It wasn’t until I heard the another loud noise that curiosity got the better of me and I was about to get up to investigate.

“S-Se Hun?” I heard a small voice whisper and I looked down to see Lu Han with his head on my shoulder looking up at me with a worried expression.

“You’re awake?” I whispered back as I ran my hand through his messy head of hair.

“Yeah, did you hear that?” He glanced at the door wide-eyed and clutched at my t-shirt when there was another loud thud, there was no way any of the others didn’t hear that.

“I’m going to go see what it is, stay here,” I whispered, I lifted Lu Han’s arm from around me, sat up and swung my legs over so my feet touched the worn carpet of our room. Lu Han grabbed the back of my t-shirt and tugged at it.

“No, I’m coming with you,” he said when I turned around and looked him in the eye.

“But-“ I began, but he gave me an icy glare, like he wasn’t going to take no for an answer.

“Fine.” I sighed, as much as I’d rather he’d lock himself in here where he was safe, I should have known he wouldn’t mix well with that idea.

Relief washed over his face for the moment, but was quickly replaced by concern as we heard the creak of the bathroom door from across the hallway. He slipped his hand into mine and held tight.

“Se Hun this feels scary, I don’t like it,” He whimpered quietly as we stood up together and walked to the door.

“It’s alright Lulu,” I said softly, hoping the nickname would comfort him, “The others are probably awake as well.”

He bit his lip and nodded but still squeezed my hand tighter as I slid the lock and opened our bedroom door slowly with my spare hand.

I pulled him behind me and my heart pounded as we crept into the hallway, then I peered into the dimly lit main area.

Where a shadowed figure was crouched in the middle, rustling through a small storage box that we kept all our paperwork in.

~*~