45

The Moment I Saw You

 

~*~

Kai ignored Kyungsoo as we walked to the restaurant (since it wasn’t far away) but I noticed him glancing over every now and then, nervously. It seemed like Kyungsoo had just given up with worrying why Kai was ignoring him and had decided to walk with Baekhyun and Chanyeol instead. Since their liveliness could help anyone forget something.

When Kai sighed pitifully to himself and walked slower so he dragged behind everyone I turned to Lu Han with a pained expression, but he just squeezed my hand and shook his head, signalling me to just leave him be.

When we finally got to one of our favourite restraints (Italian) we walked in and got greeted by a waiter, and seated at a table for eight.

“Wait!” Chanyeol gasped as I walked over to the table, “Sehun I think you forgot to get your chair!”

Everyone looked where Chanyeol was pointing...at the stack of  high-chairs by the door. Baekhyun and Lay burst out laughing and Lu Han and Kyungsoo tried to hide their chuckles behind their hands.

“Hey, don’t bully the youngest,” Suho scolded as he poked Chanyeols side, leaving little or no effect, but I appreciated the try anyway.

So we all sat down at our table, with four seats on each side. Baekhyun sat next to Chanyeol and opposite Suho, Lay sat to Suho’s left, Lu Han sat opposite me and next to Chanyeol. Kyungsoo sat next to me.

Leaving the last seat next to Lu Han for Kai.

Opposite Kyungsoo.

Kai hesitated before sitting down though Kyungsoo wasn’t paying attention, he was looking down and picking at his nails with a determined expression.

Both of them where quiet, speaking only when a waitress asked them what drinks they would like. Kai was...getting very fidgety for some reason.

Something had to be done, so when Kai was looking away and everyone else was laughing and chatting, I nudged Kyungsoo.

“You should...go to the bathroom,” I whispered.

“...What?” he looked at me with an extremely confused expression.

“Just trust me,” I answered. He nodded, though he still looked confused. A few seconds later he stood up and his chair scraped nosily across the wooden flooring causing everyone to look over, including Kai.

“I-I’m just going to the toilet,” Kyungsoo squeaked at the sudden attention and bolted passed Kai and around some empty tables. Everyone shrugged and resumed back to their usual business, except Kai who kept staring in the direction Kyungsoo had gone.

“Kai.” Lu Han said sternly, Kai turned to look at him, “If you want to go. Go.”

“But-”

“We’ll cover for you,” I said quietly, his eyes widened.

“I-” he began but he never finished, as he had already stood up and hurried in the direction of the restaurant toilets.

~*~

Sorry these updates took so long, I get writers block if you guys keep telling me to update!

But I really appriciate all the comments and the subscriptions so thank you so much! :)

I don't understand why you all like this fic so much seriously it's nothing special. o_o

Next chapter up soon is in Kaisoo POV!