49

The Moment I Saw You

Lu Han's POV

~*~

“Lu Han! Lu Han!” Tao burst into the living room, “There’s been a car accident down the street at the junction!”

Sirens blared past the apartment block so fast that it shook the ground. I  breathed in so harshly in shock that I choked a little and I jumped up out of bed and  ran to the window, ignoring the pain shooting up my spine.

“No...oh god no,” I spluttered into my hand and I stared at the police and ambulance vans in the distance, surrounding what looks like a small fire. “Oh no this can’t be happening.”

Thankfully I had put on some sweatpants and socks this morning so I just threw on a jacket as fast as I could and ran to the front door.

“Where are you going?!” Tao ran after me with a worried expression.

“I’ve got a bad feeling just stay here,” I swallowed back tears and turned away from Tao as I slipped on my trainers and fumbled to open the latch as fast as I could. I ran out as fast as I could into the street and down the pavement, wincing a few times at the stinging pain spreading across my back but after a few seconds I got used to it and was able to ignore it. All I wanted to do was get there as fast as I could.

Crowds of people were being shooed away from the area as officers sawed into the side of a red sports car as fire-fighters put out a small fire in it’s blown up engine.

Others pulled out two figures from the driver side of a small dark green car. I couldn’t stop shaking.

No.

Please.

Please don’t be who I think you are.

I pushed past the crowd and past the police officers creating a banner. Once of them grabbed my arm.

“I’m sorry sir but you can’t pass he-”

“LET THE GO OF ME!” I yelled as I snatched my arm away from  his grasp. He let go purely in shock at my outburst and I sprinted forward to where paramedics were lying the second figure onto a gurney. Then something caught my eye as it caught on the wheels of the gurney and fell to the ground.

My scarf.

~*~

*dramatic violin music*