10

The Moment I Saw You

 

~*~

“Baekhyun plea-“ I heard Chanyeol beg before he was cut off.

“Look I’m sorry okay! I’m sorry...I’m just so confused...” Baekhyun said, but his voice got quieter. I frowned and shuffled over slightly so I was nearer to the door. Why was Baekhyun apologising? Did they have a fight? That’s odd...these two are the best of friends, they never fight.

As I inched over slightly my slipper scuffed into the carpet and  I felt myself lose balance and I was  about to fall directly in front of the kitchen. Just as I was almost in their view - something grabbed my shirt and yanked me back. I fell back into whatever/whoever it was, and I was surrounded by a scent that I definitely recognised. Looking back I saw Lu Han and Kai behind me. ‘Shh’ Kai signalled and I focused back on the argument in the kitchen as Lu Han held my waist.

“But we-” Chanyeol said sadly, it sounded like he was going to cry.

“I know! I know! I just...I can’t...”

“Oh,” Chanyeol huffed  “I see how this is. I think I should just go!”

“No-” Baekhyun said desperately, followed by the sound of hurried footsteps and shuffling.

“S-stop it!” Chanyeol whispered, sounding panicked.

Then there was a long silence.

...

...What’s going on in there?

I looked over at Lu Han and Kai, since I kind of felt a bit bad for eavesdropping in the first place.

“I think we should go before they come out...” Kai said in a hushed voice.

“What are they doing in there?” Lu Han thought out loud as we sneaked away from the kitchen.

“I have no idea.” I shrugged. A part of me was curious, and a part of me really didn’t want to know.

“Maybe you should go and see,” Kai smirked and pushed me back slightly.

“No!” I said a little too loudly.

“SHHH!” Lu Han whispered as he pushed us back towards the main part of the apartment.

A few seconds later we heard a lot of yelling over Lay’s loud laughter from the living room.

“LAY! You said you’d WARN us when there was a jumpy bit!”

“Where’s the fun in that?”

Kai walked ahead of us and jumped into the living room. I turned around to see that Lu Han had stopped in the hallway a few feet back, with his head down.

“What’s wrong?” I asked gingerly, and I walked forward until I was in front of him. We could hear the music from the movie seep into the dark hallway.

“I...don’t want to watch that movie.”

“Because it’s scary?” I asked as I moved closer. I held his chin and lifted his head up so I could see his eyes.

“Y-Yeah...” he stuttered then he grabbed my hand and pulled me in the opposite direction.

Towards our bedroom.

~*~