19

The Moment I Saw You

 

~*~

“Chanyeol?”

“Why do you look so surprised?” he blinked at us, then I saw his gaze fall down to mine and Lu Han’s joined hands and then back up to our faces.

“We, er-“ I started but I wasn’t really sure about what I wanted to say...

“You two look look like you’re on a-”

“We’re on a date,” Lu Han said bluntly. He’s really getting good at this ‘finally-telling-people-about-our-relationship’ stuff. Chanyeol’s eyes went wide and he opened and close his mouth a few times as if he wanted to say something but nothing was coming out.

“Just spit it out, Channie, you look like a goldfish when you do that,” Lu Han grumbled. I looked at him and squeezed his hand, since I could basically feel his annoyance radiating up my arm.

“I just- are you serious? You’re...dating?” he spluttered, looking completely gobsmacked.

“Yeah,” I said nervously, not really sure what his next reaction would be.

Chanyeol looked down at our joined hands again and....burst into tears.

“Chanyeol!” Lu Han squeaked in surprise, his anger going as quick as it had appeared, as Chanyeol sunk to his knees in the middle of the park.

“Chanyeol, why are you crying?!” he gasped as he ran forward and knelt down in front of him. Chanyeol suddenly grabbed Lu Han into a tight hug as he buried his face into Lu Han’s neck. I felt myself physically tense up.

Wait, am I getting jealous?

For god’s sake, Se Hun, what’s wrong with you?

He’s crying!

“I...I s-said such h-horrible things to him,” Chanyeols sniffed as he let go of Lu Han and rubbed his eyes. He seemed to have calmed down a bit.

“To who?” Lu Han asked gently, though we both knew who he was talking about.

“B-Baekhyun,” he said quietly as he looked at the ground. Lu Han stood up and helped him up. I went over and patted his shoulder comfortingly, if kind of awkwardly, but he smiled slightly at my attempt.

“It can’t be that bad,” I said encouragingly, since Chanyeol is known for overreacting to things. Chanyeol shook his head.

“No, it’s bad.”

“Would you tell us what’s up between you and Baekhyun?” Lu Han asked, concern etched across his face.

“I-” Chanyeol looked between us, “I can trust you guys, right?”

“Of course you can,” Lu Han smiled and hugged him lightly.

“Let’s go find a café or something?” I offered. Lu Han nodded.

“Okay,” Chanyeol smiled weakly as he wiped his eyes some more, “Okay, let’s go.”

~*~