46

The Moment I Saw You

~*~

The door to the gentlemen’s bathroom was pushed open harshly and Kyungsoo looked up from the sink to see Kai standing a few feet from him, panting heavily as the door swung shut behind him. Kyungsoo had been the only one in the bathroom, and he ceased splashing his face with the much needed cold water to stand up and wipe his face dry with his hoodie sleeve. Kai watched him carefully until he turned to him and they locked eyes. He walked forward and grabbed Kyungsoo’s wrists.

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened and he backed up ‘til he hit the wall behind him, still keeping fair amount of space between them. But what really surprised both of them is when Kai leant forward and pressed his lips to Kyungsoo’s, only for a few seconds, before he drew back slowly, looking at the other with half-lidded gentle eyes.

Kyungsoo was still in shock though and he opened his mouth a little to breathe out, his thoughts whirring around his head at hundred miles an hour at the sudden kiss. Kai, still holding onto Kyungsoo’s wrists, peered behind him and scanned the bathroom...thankfully it was still empty (luckily it was quite a big room too) and then he pulled the other boy into the nearest cubicle, the one hidden at the end by the wall.

Kyungsoo stumbled in and Kai shut the door and locked it. A strange silence filled the gap as they stood there, staring at each other. Kyungsoo’s face covered in confusion and Kai’s in anxiety.

“Jongi-”

“Kyungsoo I like you,” the darker boy blurted out at the sound of the others voice. The words completely left the others mind and he stood there, completely speechless as the taller boy cleared his throat and averted his eyes to look at the tiles on the wall in embarrassment instead. Then he took a deep breath and decided to speak again and explain himself.

“I know we’ve been friends for a while and I’ve always been dead straight but suddenly these feelings just came out of nowhere as I got to know you better and I really think your amazing I mean every time you smile I can’t stop smiling and every time you feel down I just want to pull you close and tell you that everything will be okay because you really don’t deserve to be unhappy because your so special but I know that you’ll only ever think of me as just a friend and I don’t understand I never talk this much I mean we’ve both had girlfriends before so this is probably really weird but I really really like you and I- I j-just catch my breath every time you are near me and your presence just makes me feel so so happy and I’ve felt like this for a while but I never said anything but I just got so...frustrated and then I couldn’t sleep because I just kept thinking about you and every time you even move or speak I-...I really had to know if you liked me back so I thought that maybe if I ignored you and you came back to me then that means that you liked be back but you just ended up ignoring me too and I felt like my heart just tore into a thousand pieces right there but then you came in here alone and I thought I really needed to tell you this otherwise I would explode but then I just ended up kissing you I’m such an idiot and I don’t even know where that came from I seriously didn’t mean to do tha-”

His eyes widened as Kyungsoo covered Kai’s motor-mouth with his hands, stopping him from talking. Then Kyungsoo looked away and removed his hands. Letting everything sink in. He still didn’t say anything.

Kai looked at him sadly.

“I get it. You don’t like me like that. I’m sorry,” he sighed and unlocked the cubicle door, and took a step out. Only to be pulled back forcefully by his shirt.

“Don’t just decide things by yourself.”

He stared at the other as Kyungsoo locked the door again.

Kyungsoo turned to him and took a small step forward, and that was all that was needed to close the space between them. He tiptoed up and pressed his lips warmly to the others, holding onto Kai’s arms for balance.

Kai stumbled back into the wall in shock at first but then he responded and wrapped his arms around the smaller boys back, moving against the heat of the others mouth. After a few moments Kyungsoo pulled back and stepped down carefully. Kai stared at him with his mouth still parted, his heart beating loudly against his chest, Kyungsoo just kissed him.

“Don’t ever ignore me again,” Kyungsoo sniffed, “because it really hurts.”

Kyungsoo bit down on his lip and stared at the floor as he tried to ignore the stinging in his eyes and sad ache in his stomach.

“No no no no,” Kai whispered in panic, his feeling taking a complete one-eighty, as he cupped Kyungsoo’s face and lifted his head and watched a small tear escape down the side of others nose, “please don’t cry,”

“I really like you too, actually,” Kyungsoo said as he squeezed his eyes shut. He quickly felt himself be pulled close into the most comforting, warmest hug. Kai’s scent working like a magic charm and calming him immediately, the softness of Kai’s red cotton shirt rubbing against his cheek. He heard a low chuckle, felt the vibrations of it from Kai’s neck, and opened his eyes to see Kai grinning at him.

But it wasn’t like his usual smirk, it was the most genuine of smiles.

“Will you be my boyfriend?” Kai murmured near Kyungsoo’s ear.

“Will you be mine?” Kyungsoo sighed.

Kai laughed and hugged him tighter. They hugged for a while, Kai resting his cheek contently against Kyungsoo’s short, dark hair. Until Kyungsoo spoke up.

“We should go back...or we’ll miss the food.”

Kai nodded and pulled back, and took the others hand in his. He checked the bathroom before declaring it empty and pulling them both out of the cubicle.

As soon as they came into sight of their table of friends, they dropped hands...but were unable to hold back their smiles.

Unlike the others who were busy being loud and rowdy, Sehun noticed them approaching, and gave them a knowing grin as they sat down opposite each other and picked up their menus.

~*~

Oh gosh this is terribly written. //blame writers block. 

I'm so lonely guys send me a message or any questions here