34

The Moment I Saw You

~*~

“I’m sorry for just letting myself in but your front door wasn’t locked so-”

“It’s fine, really,” Kai waved it off and stumbled backwards on the rug as Kyungsoo walked into the apartment.

“Really ? I mean I know it’s really early  I don’t want to intrude or anything...” he said nervously.

“No no, it’s honestly fine! I’m glad you’re here!” Kai grinned. Then he realised what he said and buried his face in his hands.

“Extremely glad, apparently.” I snickered quietly as I was walked into the living room, Lu Han and Chen following up behind me.

Kai glared at me.

“Yeah, well I just brought round some t-shirts that you left at our apartment before, I thought maybe you missed them but I washed them for you so...” Kyungsoo carried on awkwardly, then he held up a plastic bag of neatly folded clothes.

“O-Okay, thank you.”

I noticed them both blush as their hands slightly brushed when Kai reached out the take the bag from him.

“And usually I go practice dance right now but the studio is under emergency renovation or something,” Kyungsoo scratched the back of his head, “...so I was wondering if I could just hang here for a while instead-”

“You can stay here for as long as you want,” Kai cut in. “R-Right guys?” He said, turning to us with a half panicked, half excited expression.

“Er- Yeah?” Lu Han blinked.

“O-Oh thanks...um...what else...” Kyungsoo said as he looked off into the distance as he tried to remember something, “Oh! I also got a message from Kris for everyone since he could only remember my number at the time-”

“But he’s got all our numbers on his phone?” I asked confusedly.

“He was using a pay-phone I think,” Kyungsoo sighed.

“Uh? Why?”

“He said he was at the airport...”

“Airport?!” Lu Han squealed in shock, and then he covered his mouth. I caught eyes with him and could tell that we were both thinking the same thing.

Why was Kris at the airport?!

“What did he say?” Chen frowned as Kyungsoo dug out his mobile from his backpack that was mostly likely filled with dance clothes.

“Oh I’ve got the message he left on my phone, I’ll play it.”

We all made out way over to the couch and sat down, he looked over at Kai for a split second then looked down and pressed play.

Hey Kyungsoo – this is a message for everyone else to so...yeah anyway, it’s Kris, but you can probably tell by my voice...haha...um, I know it sounds crazy and please don’t freak out but I’m at the airport right now and I can’t find Tao...-

~*~

This was a longer chapter as it was combined with Chapter 35.

But I prefer shorter chapters because of reasons so I split it up to two chapters. ^^;