21

The Moment I Saw You

 

~*~

“Y-you did what?!” Lu Han shrieked, Chanyeol covered Lu Han’s mouth with his hands and shushed him. Luckily the café was quite busy and we were right in the corner – so the people couldn’t hear what we were saying over all the loud chatter around us.

“We...made love,” Chanyeol said as he blushed and looked at the table.

“Y-you really...I can’t believe it.” Lu Han shook his head and set his mug of coffee down.

“Yeah...I just...I can’t stop thinking about it...” Chanyeol blushed harder.

“So...you like him now?” I asked. Chanyeol looked up at me in surprise but then he sighed.

“I-...Well at first I was scared because homouality was so different to me...I’d never really been told properly about it and I’ve never seen it...but now after that night...I think I really l-love him too.” He smiled slightly to himself.

“Weren’t you drunk? How do you remember?” I blinked. I have a feeling that this is more confusing than it seems.

“To be honest...I wasn’t that drunk. I only had a bottle and a half...the others had drunken some before they went out,” Chanyeol shuffled in his seat and then scratched the back of his head nervously.

“And Baekhyun just saw all the bottles and assumed you’d drunken  them all?” Lu Han gawped. I joined him.

“Yeah..”

“So when did this night...you know...actually happen?”

“Umm...a few days before that evening when we all got together at yours and watched that movie.”

“Is that why you and Baekhyun argued?” I asked.

“Huh?”

“We heard your argument,” I confessed as I put a mini-marshmallow from my hot chocolate into Lu Han’s coffee. Lu Han squeezed my leg lightly under the table.

“EH? You t-two-” he stuttered in shock and looked between us.

”And Kai-”

“How much did you hear?!” Chanyeol panicked.

“Well...umm...If I remember...Baekhyun was apologising about something and he wouldn’t tell you something? And then we left.” I heard Chanyeol let out a breath of relief, then he sat for a moment in thought, then finally his face grew sad.

“Oh yeah...After the night that we made love he started ignoring me.” He sniffed as he stirred the foam on his coffee with his finger.

“What?!” Lu Han gasped.

“What the hell?!” I exclaimed at the same time. How could Baekhyun just ignore him? That- If me and Lu Han ever did that I wouldn’t-

If me and Lu Han ever did that-

I-

I’m going to stop thinking now.

“Yeah..and when we met at yours I wanted him to talk to me and tell me why he’d been ignoring me but he just kept apologising and saying he was confused and that he can’t do something...but that’s weird isn’t it? Because he was the one who confessed to me! And then he left so I followed him, and we had a big row on the way back to the apartment. And I got really angry and upset so I wouldn’t let him into the apartment...that’s why he was outside...” Chanyeol explained as me and Lu Han nodded and tried to keep up.

“So then you started ignoring him?” I asked, bemused.

“...Yeah...” Chanyeol said as he hung his head in shame.

“You guys are seriously messed up.”

~*~