50...! -throws confetti-

The Moment I Saw You

 

~*~

“...shh, it’s alright...”

“...ehun...”

“...Sehunnie...”

...

I slowly started to come around...my mind felt like a bust television...fuzzing in and out...not sure what channel it’s on...

“...re you awake Sehu...”

All I could hear were broken sentences...my mind thudded when I tried to listen...numb...so numb...

I groaned out. I heard that at least.

And shuffling...a lot of shuffling and talking around me. Clean scents I don’t recognise.

...How do I open my eyes...?

Light...bright light.

Too bright. Ow.

“...hould be fine after a few minutes when the drugs wear off a little...” said a female voice I didn’t recognise. There was more shuffling...a door closed.

A white...ceiling?

“Sehun...?”

I looked down to see that I was in a bed, with my left leg propped up in a huge cast, and my chest felt like it had been bandaged into oblivion under the sheets as well.

And then turned and  locked eyes with familiar brown ones...and he clutched my hand tighter.

“Lu Han...” I smiled as much as I could, which wasn’t much I don’t think. He smiled a relieved watery smile back at me and then he broke down and leant his head on my bed and wailed into the mattress. I felt the wetness on the back of my hand and my head still felt numb. I couldn’t move much either...I felt too heavy.

“Sehun, you’re awake!”

A crowd of people rushed in, most of my friends.

“Wow, you look terrible,” Kris said bluntly.

“Thanks, man,” I croaked. They all smiled at me.

“So...um...help?”

“You’re confused, right?” Xiumin chuckled a little and walked nearer to the bed, “You were in a car accident with Suho.”

Lu Han cried harder. I panicked.

“Suho is he-”

“He’s fine, he’s just got minor injures since you protected him from most of it. His are not as bad as yours...um,” Chen coughed.

“What have I got?” I asked, I almost felt like laughing.

“Actually you were lucky. They said you’ve only got a few broken ribs, an arm fracture and your left leg has been broken too and you lost a lot of blood...but it’ll all heal with time,” Xiumin explained kindly.

“Lucky me,” I sighed, which sent a pain spiralling up my chest. That’ll be the broken ribs, right? I looked down at Lu Han, who had stopped crying I think, but he still had his head down. The others looked at each other and somewhere along the way decided to leave the room, thankfully.

“Lu Han...”

“I knew something like this would happen...I should never have sent you out to get those painkillers and-”

“I could really use those painkillers right now actually,” I grinned, attempting to liven the atmosphere a bit.

It didn’t work.

“It’s all my fault!” he wailed.

“No no no, shhh!” I comforted him, “It was because of that other driver...Whoa, what happened to that idiot that crashed into me anyway?”

“His injures are just a little bit worse than yours I heard. He’s been moved to the bigger hospital.”

“Good,” I replied grumpily, “He owes me a few whole bones I believe.”

Lu Han smiled a little at that.

“I’m going to be okay. I feel better already, see?” I lifted my hand and wiped the tearstains from his cheeks, “A few broken bones is lucky right? I’ll be out of here in no time.”

“Heh...then you’ll be hobbling everywhere for ages and you won’t be able to do anything.”

“I guess I’ll just have to get my boyfriend to do everything for me then,” I smiled. Lu Han scoffed, but he was smiling too. After a few moments of comfortable silence of us just looking at each other I looked away and spoke up again, still strangely smiling.

“It’s weird.”

“What is?”

“I’m lying in a hospital bed with loads of broken bones and I’ve lost a lot of blood and god knows what else...yet I don’t...really care...” I sighed and he tilted his head in confusion as I squeezed his hand gently.

“...Because...I’m just happy that you are next to me right now.”

~*~

I told you I'd end up accidently writing more fluff again ohoho I hope you liked this chapter.

@Joy_game: You're not wrong there because you all really are my good, loyal, absolutely wonderful readers! :)) ♥