07

The Moment I Saw You

 

~*~

“We’re back!” I yelled into the apartment as Lu Han slipped off his shoes and shuffled after me. Our friends ran to us from every possible location and assisted with the bags, and soon excited chatter had formed over the sound of the plastic rustling of the takeaway bags.

“Oh gosh I’m so hungry!”

“What took you guys so long?!”

“We didn’t take that long! See it’s still warm!” Lu Han argued.

“This one is rice. Su Ho this is your rice,”

“Oh they gave us extra sweet and sour sauce!” Chen squealed as he peeled the lid off one of the foil containers. I looked over at Tao, who was sharing the pork onto two plates, he looked up to see if anyone was watching (I turned my head just in time) then he took two off his plate and put them on Chen’s plate.

“Su Ho can I have some of your rice?” Baekhyun asked as he peered over Su Ho’s shoulder, Su Ho sighed.

“Wow this smells so good~!” Lay sang as he shovelled noodles onto his own plate.

“Se Hun here’s yours,” Lu Han smiled at me as he handed me a plateful of food. I hadn’t even noticed that he served me.

“O-Oh thanks,” I said shyly as I took the plate as the others exited the kitchen one by one with their mountains of Chinese food. Lu Han glanced at me and then started to fill up his own plate.

“Se Hun your phone is ringing,” Lu Han said just before my ringtone started playing. How does he do that?

I took my phone out of my pocket and looked at the caller ID. It was Kai.

“Hello?”

“Hi Se Hun!”

“...Hi?” I said as I sat down opposite Lu Han at the small kitchen table.

“...shh I’m on the phone!...”I heard Kai whisper at bickering voices in the background which was followed up by a lot of muffled laughter, shuffling, and the phone buzzing loudly due to the reception.

“Kai?”

“Oh yes yes! I’m still here! Yah...what was I going to say? ...Oh yeah! Yeah I’m gonna be back soon and Chanyeol and Kris are coming over too, so I thought I’d tell you.”

“Oh okay, that’s fine,” I replied. We already have people over so why not?

“Who is it?” Lu Han asked as he chewed on a piece of beef.

“Kai.”

“What does he want?”

“He’s just saying that he’s going to be bringing Chanyeol and Kris over later.”

“Oh goody, feed the fire,” Lu Han said sarcastically as he rolled his eyes and continued to eat.

“Ok well I have to go since we’ve started eating. See you later,” I said into the phone.

“See ya,” Kai answered before I disconnected.

~*~