37

The Moment I Saw You

 

~*~

After we all decided that it really was pointless to sit and wait for them to come back (as much as Lu Han wanted to) we finally managed to get out the apartment since Kyungsoo had offered the idea that we all go shopping and Kai had basically jumped in enthusiasm at the idea.

“I’m hungry,” Chen whined as he tailed after us.

“We’ll get some food later, Kyungsoo wants to find this shirt he saw before,” Kai replied distractedly as he followed D.O through a crowd of people and into a clothes store. Chen turned and decided to try his luck with me and Lu Han.

“Let’s get some food,” he pouted, “Please?”  Lu Han seemingly fell for his shameless begging and looked at me. I sighed.

“Fine, let’s go get some bubble tea,” I said.

“No! Don’t you know how many calories tapioca has got?!” Lu Han rejected the idea immediately.

“We always get bubble tea! Since when did you care about calories?” I frowned.

“W-well since w-we-” Lu Han blushed.

“Whoa, Lu Han! How many hickey’s have you got?” Chen stared incredulously at his neck. Lu Han panicked and tried to cover them with the collar of jacket as he blushed a brighter shade of red.

“Stop smirking, idiot,” he snapped at me, and I turned my head in an attempt to hide my grin. Chen interest in Lu Han’s bruises disappeared as quickly as it had come when he noticed a few stands surrounded by dozens of people giving out free food so he said that he’s see us later and ran off towards them. We weaved through the bustles of people, but a lot of them still pushed and shoved us harshly out the way.

“I hate crowds,” Lu Han groaned as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

“You’re going grumpy,” I pointed out.

“I’m not going grumpy!” he snapped at me, and then he paused when he realised that yes, actually, he was.

I forgave him straight away. Since I could tell that he was obviously still worrying about his friend.

“Let’s just go home, yeah?” I said as I took his hand and squeezed it comfortingly. He nodded.

“Yeah...” he sighed as I led the way to the taxi bay. We greeted the driver and I climbed into the backseat of the black taxi, Lu Han following in behind me.

He didn’t speak most of the journey home, just stared out the window.

“Don’t worry,” I said quietly to him, “They’ll both be back soon.”

Thankfully the driver didn’t even look twice when I leant over and kissed Lu Han on the cheek.

Or when Lu Han looked over, smiled at me and kissed me on the mouth.

~*~