05

The Moment I Saw You

 

~*~

“What do you want Baekhyun?”

“Oh, I’ll just have the...hmm...the black bean noodles,” he said as crossed his legs and studied the takeaway menu.

“No rice?” Lu Han said as he jotted it down in his special notepad neatly.

“Rice with noodles?” Baekhyun raised his eyebrow.

“I don’t know, you can have rice with noodles can’t you?” Lu Han retorted.

“He’ll probably steal some of mine anyway,” Su Ho said, looking up from his book. Baekhyun just shrugged.

“Can I have the sweet and sour pork thing?” Chen piped up.

“Which thing?” Lu Han tapped his foot as Chen studied the menu that Baekhyun was holding and then snatched it off him.

“This one!” Chen pointed at a dish on the menu and Lu Han leaned over and squinted to see it.

“Oh, Tao’s getting that you might as well just share with him, since they give you a lot.”

“What?! Can’t I have my own?”

I threw a pillow at him from the armchair I was sitting in and Lay laughed loudly. Tao took the menu from Chen and handed it back to Baekhyun.

“Stop whining Chen, be grateful someone is offering to buy you food,” Lu Han snapped at him, Chen huffed and sunk into the sofa.

“Sorry..”

“Ok, well I think that’s everyone,” Lu Han concluded as he shut his notepad and stuffed  it into jean pocket.

“Wait! You haven’t asked Se Hun!” Chen pointed at me.

“Ah...well, I err- I already know what he likes so...”Lu Han blushed slightly and coughed.

“You know his favourite food from the takeaway?” Lay smirked and I noticed him glancing at Su Ho who had looked up from his book.

 “I told him what I wanted before you guys came round,” I lied, but this time it actually sounded quite convincing.

“Oh right.” Lay said, still smirking, “So you two hang out a lot, then?”

“Obviously! Welive together!” Lu Han said irritably, then he stomped over to the door and grabbed his coat, “I’m going now,”

“Can I go with you?” Chen bounced up happily, but Tao grabbed his shirt and pulled him back down forcefully.

No, ” Lu Han said sternly as he buttoned up his coat and the clicked open the door.  

“I’ll go,” I said quickly standing up and making my way to Lu Han. For some reason I felt really panicked... Lu Han didn’t say anything, he just gave me a look, sighed.

 “Of course you will,” I heard Lay say as Lu Han walked out the door.

I followed and ran to catch up with him as he sped ahead, and soon I was lightly jogging next to him as he paced down the road.

“Lu Han?”

No answer.

“Lu Han, you don’t think Lay kn-”

He stopped abruptly and turned to me angrily.

“Lu-”

SMACK

I brought my hand up to my cheek as a stinging pain surfaced.

~*~